MICRONEEDLING with PRP PRE & POST TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS: Please read each statement below and address any concerns with your esthetician accordingly.
1. Sun exposure and/or usage of a tanning bed, including self-tanning products must be avoided for a minimum of 24 hours before and after the treatment, and preferably for up to 1-2 weeks to minimize the risk of post treatment temporary dyspigmentation (darkening or lightening of the skin). Please be advised a treatment will not be administered on sunburned skin.
2. Avoid Aspirin, anti-inflammatory medications (i.e. Ibuprofen, Aleve), blood thinners, herbal supplements, Vitamin E, and Fish Oil for at least one week prior to and the day of microneedling to minimize bruising risk- you may restart these the day following your treatment. Accutane should be discontinued for a period of at least 6 months prior to and during the course of any microneedling treatments.
3. We recommend pretreating your skin with Vitamin C, sunscreen, and retinols at least 4 weeks before treatment.
4. Stop any retinols, topical antibiotics, exfoliants, hydroquinone and benzoyl peroxide products 48 hours before your treatment.
5. Eat a healthy meal and drink at least 4-6 glasses of water (8 ounces or more) the morning of your treatment.
6. If you have a history of cold sores, we may recommend prophylactic oral antiviral therapy in the form of Valtrex or Famvir to prevent an outbreak. If so, we request you follow the directions of your prescription.
1. Immediately after treatment your skin will be red, have pinpoint bleeding, and will feel like a fresh sun burn or wind burn. The skin may feel tight and sensitive to the touch- some of the most common side effects of treatment include mild redness, localized swelling, and dryness. The following day you may have pinpoint scabbing. The treated area/s may darken and flake away within one week. You will likely have 2-3 days of social downtime post treatment.
• Clean glasses frames, cellphone screens, and anything else that comes into direct contact with the treatment area
• Avoid picking or exfoliating the area and allow old/dry/dead skin to flake off naturally
• Avoid makeup for at least 24 hours after treatment to avoid irritation- only a mineral makeup may be applied after
• Avoid sun exposure until healed (i.e. any skin redness and/or flaking away of skin is no longer present)
• Avoid exercise that causes sweating as well as jacuzzis, saunas, and hot showers until the skin is healed
• Advil or Tylenol may be taken as directed for discomfort- cool compresses may also be used every 1-2 hours for 3-5 mins at a time if necessary
• Change your pillow case and treat your face as an open wound until healed- once healed you may return to your regular skin care routine
• For best results and efficacy, we recommend a series of 3 to 6 treatments, administered at 4-6 week intervals
2. Follow the post procedure skin care regimen and ensure hands are clean before applying any product: *Note: Will need to apply remainder of post treatment care kit for AM & PM or until all product is finished; about 24-48 hours*
3. The morning after your treatment, gently wash your face with a mild cleanser
4. The evening after your treatment, wash your face with a mild cleanser
5. Apply the serum/Recovery Complex, and moisturizer *Note: If you are experiencing any uncomfortable dryness, you may use the treatment masque if needed*
6. Continue this regimen with cleansing until after your skin is fully healed/you have stopped peeling (approx. 5–7 days). After the 7 days you may use a mild exfoliant and regular routine may resume.