The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people. Central Iowa Teens Encounter Christ has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, social distancing guidelines will be difficult to follow. It will be encouraged frequently. Please discuss this with your child at length. CITEC cannot guarantee that your child will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending CITEC could increase your child’s risk of contracting COVID-19.
By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my child may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending TEC #73 and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at TEC #73 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to volunteers and other workers.
I attest that my child will not be allowed to attend TEC #73 if they show any of the following:
* Any symptom of illness such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell.
* Has traveled internationally within the last 14 days.
* Has traveled to a highly impacted area within the United States of America in the last 14 days.
* My child has been exposed to someone with a suspected and/or confirmed case of the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
* My child has not been diagnosed with Coronavirus/Covid-19 and not yet cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health authorities.
* My child WILL following all CDC recommended guidelines as much as possible and limiting TEC #73’s exposure to the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that my child may experience or incur in connection with my child’s attendance at the TEC #73. On behalf of my child, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless CITEC, its volunteers, Lynnville Friends Church and representatives of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of CITEC, its volunteers, Lynnville Friends Church and representatives of, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in TEC #73.