A Registered Nurse administers skilled nursing care to patients on an intermittent basis in their place of residence. This is performed in accordance with physician orders and plan of care under the direction and supervision of the Director of Clinical Services/Nursing Supervisor.
- Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing and currently licensed in the state(s) in which practicing.
- Two (2) years’ nursing experience, preferred.
- Acceptance of philosophy and goals of this Agency.
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
- Provides services in accordance with the plan of care.
- Makes the initial evaluation visit and regularly reevaluates the patient’s nursing needs.
- Initiates the plan of care and necessary revisions.
- Provides those services requiring substantial specialized nursing skills.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes for each patient visit and summaries of care conferences on his/her patients in a timely manner as per Agency policy.
- Coordinates services.
- Informs personnel of changes in the condition and needs of the patient.
- Counsels the patient and family/significant others in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Participates in and presents inservice programs.
- Understands and adheres to established Agency policies and procedures.
- Processes orders and notifies physician of patient needs and changes in condition. Completes certification/recertification orders and discharge summaries.
- Determines the amount and type of nursing needed by each individual patient.
- Refers to Physical Therapist, Speech Language Pathologist, Occupational Therapist and Medical Social Worker those patients requiring their specialized skills.
- Supervises and teaches other nursing personnel.
- Conducts patient care conferences on patients assigned to his/her care.
- Participates in peer review and Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement as assigned.
- Gives total patient care as needed.
- Takes on-call duty nights, weekends and holidays, as assigned.
- Completes and submits assessments, reassessments, transfers, resumptions of care, discharges and significant change in condition in accordance with Agency defined time frames (where applicable).
- Appropriately utilizes ICD-10 codes (where applicable).
Works indoors in Agency office and patient homes and travels to/from patient homes.
- Supervised by: Director of Clinical Services/Nursing Supervisor
- Workers Supervised: Licensed Practical Nurse, Home Health Aide
Ability to perform the following tasks if necessary:
- Ability to participate in physical activity.
- Ability to work for extended period of time while standing and being involved in physical activity.
- Heavy lifting.
- Ability to do extensive bending, lifting and standing on a regular basis.
I have read the above job description and fully understand the conditions set forth therein, and if employed as a Registered Nurse, I will perform these duties to the best of my knowledge and ability.