1. If all pills have been administered on schedule, prescriptions can only be refilled only if your pet has had a veterinary physical examination within the past year.
2. The American Heartworm Society recommends year-round heartworm prevention, as does ZumVet.
3. It is recommended that dogs on year-round heartworm prevention be tested annually for the presence of heartworm larvae or antibodies, even if no doses have been skipped. This is to check for preventative-resistant heartworms
4. ZumVet has the right to reject your prescription request and/or recommend a video call/heartworm test on medical grounds, if the veterinarian sees the need to do so.
5. If your dog is below 1 years old and the last heartworm prevention it received was SR-12(Proheart), you will be unable to purchase Heartworm prevention from ZumVet and should seek advice from your usual veterinarian instead.
6. Please note that the safety of the product has not been evaluated for pregnant/lactating animals.