As a recipient of telehealth services, you will need to participate in ensuring your safety during mental health crises,
medical emergencies, and sessions that you have with me.
- I will require you to designate an emergency contact at the intake appointment. You will need to provide permission
for me to communicate with this person about your care during emergencies.
- Crisis services include Telephone crisis lines (800-273-8255 or 505-277-3013), calling 911, or go immediately to the
- Except where otherwise noted, I employ software and hardware tools that adhere to security best practices and
applicable legal standards for the purposes of protecting your privacy and ensuring that records of your health care
services are not lost or damaged.
- As with all things in telehealth, however, you also have a role to play in maintaining your security. Please use
reasonable security protocols to protect the privacy of your own health care information. For example: when
communicating with me, use devices and service accounts that are protected by unique passwords that only you
know. Also, use the secure tools that I have supplied for communications (e.g. Vsee). For more information please
see my specific recommendations for electronic security and safety here: http://steveratcliff.com/techrec.pdf
Instruction for Setting Up Vsee or getting onto the doxy website
- Vsee messenger can be downloaded for free here: https://my.vsee.com/download