TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Artists may submit a maximum of (2) artworks only. Each of these must be submitted on separate entry forms.
2. The following are conditions in relation to the artwork
a. The maximum size for 2D works is for the perimeter to be no more than 600cm (including the frame). Sculptures/3D works to have an area of no more than 1 metre3.
b. All works are to be ready for installation/display. Works that are to be installed on gallery walls are to include a hanging system -either d-rings or another suitable system.
c. Where possible the artist’s name and artwork title must be clearly marked on the back of or under the artwork.
d. Digital works limited to three (3) minutes and must be submitted in MP4/H264 format provided on a USB.
e. CPAC will not accept any artworks that are not ready for display or are wet, incomplete, structurally unstable, or damaged in any way. CPAC will not repair any artworks on the artist’s behalf.
f. The artwork must be the original unaided work of the artist. Entry warrants that the artwork does not infringe copyright, moral rights or other rights of any third party. Artworks must have been produced in the last 24 months (at time of entry) and be the property of the artist. No previous entries will be accepted.
3. The submitted work must not have been exhibited in any previous Liverpool Art Society Art Exhibition.
4. All judges will be appointed by the Liverpool Art Society (LAS) Committee in consultation with the Casula Powerhouse Arts Centre (CPAC). The decision of the judges will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
5. All exhibiting artists will permit their artworks to be reproduced in print and electronic media for the purpose of advertising and promoting the Annual Liverpool Art Society Exhibition. CPAC reserves the right to reproduce artworks in subsequent promotional material.
6. Artists are responsible for organizing all transport matters. Artists are responsible for all costs and insurances involved in the transport of their artwork.
7. CPAC reserves the right to refuse and/or withhold any artwork from display at its discretion.
8. All Adult artists will be charged a non-refundable Entry Fee of $15 per work. Youth artworks (Year 12 Secondary Students and younger) have free entry.
9. Artworks may be photographed for educational/promotional purposes while on display in the exhibition.
10. All artworks available for sale for $100 or more will be subject to a total 20% commission payable, 10% to CPAC and 10% to LAS. All artworks available for sale for $99 or less will not be subject to any commission. Artwork will be available for sale immediately after the award ceremony until the last day of exhibition.
11. Youth artworks are not for sale.
12. It is the responsibility of all entrants to obtain their own insurance cover against loss, destruction, damage and/or consequential loss (including but not limited to natural disasters, catastrophes, and the like) in relation to their entry/artwork. Unless otherwise advised, Council or Liverpool Art Society do not insure/artworks in transit, storage or on exhibition. It is expected that each entrant effects any additional insurance it considers reasonably necessary (or which a prudent artist would take out having regards to the nature and value of the entry/artwork and the type of exhibition). Council, while taking all due and reasonable care of entries/artworks, to the extent permitted by law, is not responsible or liable for any incidental loss or damage to the entry/artwork and the entrant otherwise releases and indemnifies Council and Liverpool Art Society against any and all claims, liabilities, loss and costs incurred or in connection with the entry/artwork, except to the extent that such a loss or damage is caused or contributed to by the negligent or wrongful act of omission of Council or that of its employees and agents.
NOTE: Casula Powerhouse is an industrial building, a former power station and is not a purpose built art gallery. Not all galleries have climate control and some are impacted by natural light. Entries are submitted with agreement to artwork being presented in these conditions.
13. Both the Casula Powerhouse Scholarship Prize winner AND Overall Prize winner must be 18 years of age or older at the close of registration. Proof of age may be required.
14. Both the Casula Powerhouse Scholarship Prize winner AND Overall Prize winner must have been a financial member of the Liverpool Art Society Inc. for a least 12 months prior to this exhibition’s close of registration.
15. To be considered for the Casula Powerhouse Scholarship Prize, the Liverpool City Council Overall Winner Prize, the History Prizes and the Werriwa Prize you must nominate your entry for these prizes on the entry form.
16. The Casula Powerhouse Scholarship Prize winner will receive a solo exhibition in the 2021 Marsden Gallery exhibition program and will receive the benefits of presenting an exhibition in consultation with a CPAC Curator which may include, but is not limited to, technical, curatorial and marketing support.
17. Previous winners of the Scholarship Prize will not be eligible for the scholarship prize for the next five (5) annual exhibitions from the date of winning the prize.
18. The Liverpool City Council Overall Prize is acquisitive. The maximum amount paid to the winner is $5,000, even if the artwork is valued over $5,000
19. Those entering the History Art Prizes must provide a short written explanation of the significance of their work to Liverpool’s history and heritage.
20. Those entering the Werriwa Art Prize must provide a short written explanation of the how the work reflects the electorate. The winner of the Werriwa Art Prize will be offered a licence agreement for the non-exclusive use of an image of their winning work on the annual Christmas card of the Office of Anne Stanley, Federal Member for Werriwa. The prize money includes the licencing fee. The artist will be provided with the details of any proposed cropping of their work as part of the licence. Prize money will be provided upon signed licence agreement (and where agreement cannot be reach the prize will be offered to the runner up). Casula Powerhouse staff will provide a shortlist of eligible artists to the Office of Anne Stanley for selection of the winner. The photographer may also need to be credited and if no image is available staff of CPAC will arrange an image.
21. The following persons, and their immediate families, are ineligible to enter the PRIZES, but may choose to exhibit/display their work only:
a. 2020 Liverpool Art Society Annual exhibition competition judge;
b. current Liverpool City Councillors and current Council employees.
22. Directors and Management/Board/Committee Members of sponsor organisations, staff of the Office of Anne Stanley, Federal Member for Werriwa (and their immediate families) are not eligible to be considered for the prizes they sponsor. This condition does not extend to Liverpool Art Society or Liverpool Historical Society members who are eligible for all prizes they nominate as long as they meet the outlined conditions for entry.
PLEASE NOTE: In relation to condition 21 and 22- 'Immediate Family Members' means a spouse or former spouse, de facto partner or former de facto partner, child, parent grandparent, grandchild or sibling of an artist, or a child, parent, grandparent, grandchild or sibling of an artist’s spouse or de facto partner. It includes step-relations (e.g. step-parents and step-children) as well as adoptive relations.
23. All submitted details on the registration form are final. Changes can NOT be made at delivery. Artists will be provided with a label for their work at the time of delivery. This will match the information provided on the entry form and will be checked for accuracy of description.
24. CPAC is not responsible for any packaging of artworks. No Artworks will be wrapped prior to collection. Any artists wanting to wrap their works will need to bring all wrapping and wrap the artworks themselves on collection day only.
25. Artworks to be collected on Saturday, 30 January 2021, from 9:30am to 3pm (Note: Schools Entries Only to be collected on Friday, 29 January 2021 from 9:30am – 12:30pm). If you require a later pick-up date, this must be arranged with CPAC Registration staff prior to collection day. Artworks not collected on the collection date may be disposed of at the discretion of CPAC staff. Early pick-up is NOT available.