TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Students may submit a maximum of (2) artworks only. These may be submitted in the spreadsheet format or the online format provided. If using the online format, each artwork must be submitted on a separate entry form.
2. The following are conditions in relation to the artwork
a. The maximum size for 2D works is for the perimeter to be no more than 600cm (including the frame). Sculptures/3D works to have an area of no more than 1 metre3.
b. All works are to be ready for installation/display. Works that are to be installed on gallery walls are to include a hanging system -either D-rings or another suitable system.
c. Where possible the artist’s name and artwork title must be clearly marked on the back of or under the artwork.
d. Digital works limited to three (3) minutes and must be submitted in MP4/H264 format provided on a USB.
e. CPAC will not accept any artworks that are not ready for display or are wet, incomplete, structurally unstable, or damaged in any way. CPAC will not repair any artworks on the artist’s behalf.
f. The artwork must be the original unaided work of the artist. Entry warrants that the artwork does not infringe copyright, moral rights or other rights of any third party. Artworks must have been produced in the last 24 months (at time of entry) and be the property of the artist. No previous entries will be accepted.
3. The submitted work must not have been exhibited in any previous Liverpool Art Society Art Exhibition.
4. All judges will be appointed by the Liverpool Art Society (LAS) Committee in consultation with the Casula Powerhouse Arts Centre (CPAC). The decision of the judges will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
5. All exhibiting artists will permit their artworks to be reproduced in print and electronic media for the purpose pf advertising and promoting the Annual Liverpool Art Society Exhibition. CPAC reserves the right to reproduce artworks in subsequent promotional material.
6. Artists/Schools/Parents/guardians/carers are responsible for organizing all transport matters. They are responsible for all costs and insurances involved in the transport of their artwork.
7. CPAC reserves the right to refuse and/or withhold any artwork from display at its discretion.
8. All Adult artists will be changed a non-refundable Entry Fee of $15 per work. Youth artworks (Year 12 Secondary Students and younger) have free entry.
9. Artworks may be photographed for educational/promotional purposes while on display in the exhibition.
10. Youth artworks are not for sale.
11. It is the responsibility of all entrants to obtain their own insurance cover against loss, destruction, damage and/or consequential loss (including but not limited to natural disasters, catastrophes, and the like) in relation to their entry/artwork. Unless otherwise advised, Council or Liverpool Art Society do not insure/artworks in transit, storage or on exhibition. It is expected that each entrant effects any additional insurance it considers reasonably necessary (or which a prudent artist would take out having regards to the nature and value of the entry/artwork and the type of exhibition). Council, while taking all due and reasonable care of entries/artworks, to the extent permitted by law, is not responsible or liable for any incidental loss or damage to the entry/artwork and the entrant otherwise releases and indemnifies Council and Liverpool Art Society against any and all claims, liabilities, loss and costs incurred or in connection with the entry/artwork, except to the extent that such a loss or damage is caused or contributed to by the negligent or wrongful act of omission of Council or that of its employees and agents.
NOTE: Casula Powerhouse is an industrial building, a former power station and is not a purpose built art gallery. Not all galleries have climate control and some are impacted by natural light. Entries are submitted with agreement to artwork being presented in these conditions.
12. To be considered for the History Prize you must nominate on the entry form.
13. Those entering the History Art Prize must provide a short written explanation of the significance of their work to Liverpool’s history and heritage.
14. The following persons, and their immediate families, are ineligible to enter the PRIZES, but may choose to exhibit/display their work only:
a. 2020 Liverpool Art Society Annual exhibition competition judge;
b. current Liverpool City Councillors and current Council employees.
15. Directors and Management/Board/Committee Members of sponsor organisations, staff of the Office of Anne Stanley, Federal Member for Werriwa (and their immediate families) are not eligible to be considered for the prizes they sponsor. This condition does not extend to Liverpool Art Society or Liverpool Historical Society members who are eligible for all prizes they nominate as long as they meet the outlined conditions for entry.
PLEASE NOTE: 'Immediate Family Members' means a spouse or former spouse, de facto partner or former de facto partner, child, parent grandparent, grandchild or sibling of an artist, or a child, parent, grandparent, grandchild or sibling of an artist’s spouse or de facto partner. It includes step-relations (e.g. step-parents and step-children) as well as adoptive relations.
16. All submitted details on the registration form are final. Changes can NOT be made at delivery. Artists will be provided with a label for their work at the time of delivery. This will match the information provided on the entry form and will be checked for accuracy of description.
17. CPAC is not responsible for any packaging of artworks. No Artworks will be wrapped prior to collection. Any artists wanting to wrap their works will need to bring all wrapping and wrap the artworks themselves on collection day only.
18. Artworks to be collected on Saturday 30 January 2021 between 9:30am and 3pm (Note: Schools Entries Only to be collected on Friday 29 January, 2021 between 9:30am and 12.30pm). If you require a later pick-up date, this must be arranged with CPAC Registration staff prior to collection day. Artworks not collected on the collection date may be disposed of at the discretion of CPAC staff. Early pick-up is NOT available.
PLEASE NOTE: questions with * require an answer