The Development Application Rebate Program has been created to provide additional assistance to the business community by providing a rebate for building permit fees. Evaluation and approval of the applications will be determined by Georgina's Economic Recovery Team until such time as the Economic Development Committee begins to meet.
This funding opportunity recognizes that businesses conducting renovations or retrofits may necessitate the submission of a building permit together with associated fees.
If an application is approved, rebates for building permit fees would be provided to owners/business operators following completion of the work and issuance of an occupancy permit by the Chief Building Official.
Grant Program Amount & Eligibility
- 75% of the building permit to a maximum rebate of $3,000 will be provided for building permit fees (depending on the number of applications received, applicants may not receive the full amount requested)
- All sectors are eligible (Commercial, Industrial, and Institutional)
- All locations within the municipality are eligible
- Any individual or their immediate family who receives a bi-weekly remuneration from the Town of Georgina is ineligible
All building owners/business operators are eligible to apply for funding under this grant program, subject to the following requirements, and the availability of funding as approved by Council:
- Any property owner/business operator wishing to be considered for a building permit fee rebate under this program must complete and submit a Development Application Building Permit Rebate to the Town, including a description of the work that will be completed under the building permit.
- All business owners/operators are eligible to apply for a Development Application Building Permit Fee Rebate subject to written consent to conduct the improvements from the owner of the property.
- The improvements must conform to any design guidelines approved by the Town.
- The Council of the Corporation of the Town of Georgina has appointed the Georgina Economic Recovery Team to oversee the processing and evaluation of the application.
- Council may at its discretion cancel the program at any time. Annual funding for the implementation of the program shall be at Council’s discretion.
- The subject property shall not be in a position of tax arrears. All taxes owing shall be paid or cancelled, prior to the disbursement of any rebate.
- All outstanding work orders and/or orders to comply must be satisfactorily addressed and a final occupancy issued prior to the disbursement of any funds.
- Rebates approved are for a particular property and are not transferable to any other property.
- The applicant acknowledges that any rebate will not be provided until such time as final occupancy has been issued by the Chief Building Official.
- Applications will be considered on a first come first served basis and the Georgina Economic Recovery Team has the right to deny applications that do not meet the intent of the program.
Disclaimer: All information collected in this application becomes public information with the exception of personal contact information and tax related information.