Terms and Conditions of Enrolments: Please read the following terms and conditions carefully before signing.
At Positive Impact Academy we understand that teaching our youth how to behave in an acting environment and to work collaboratively is important. We appreciate any support from the youth students’ parents/guardians in achieving these objectives. We ask all enrolling students, and parents/guardians adhere to the following guidelines.
1. BE A PERFORMER
The primary aim of our youth courses is to facilitate and promote students growth as a performer. This happens when you;
• Give your individual best effort to classes and activities
• Contribute positively to classes and activities
2. BE SAFE
Positive Impact Academy thrives on providing a diverse and inclusive environment. In order to do this, we place a high value on the physical and emotional safety of all our students. Working Agencies can potentially be dangerous places. We can ensure safety when you;
• Respect the personal space and property of others.
• Do not touch equipment that is not in use by your Studio class.
• Follow studio etiquette and protocols at ALL TIMES.
• Move safely around the theatre – especially on and around the stage.
• Solve problems and conflicts without violence of ANY type.
• Use equipment with supervision or instruction of an authorised person.
3. BE RESPECTFUL
At the Positive Impact Academy we expect each and every student to treat others with respect and courtesy at all times. We act and communicate in a manner that reflects the awareness of the rights of others. You are being respectful when you;
• Act and speak in a way that shows you care about the rights, emotions and ideas of others.
• Treat other people’s property with care.
• Listen attentively to your fellow students, your teachers and Positive Impact Academy and Agency888 Staff
• Choose to work in positive ways with other class group members.
4. BE RESPONSIBLE
Positive Impact Academy values the importance of learning to self-manage, being able to make appropriate behavioural choices and accept responsibility for the choices that are made. You are being responsible when you;
• Make an effort to be organised – be punctual to classes, learn lines and bring props and costumes when asked.
• Follow directions from Teachers and ALL responsible adults of the Agency and Positive Impact Academy staff
• Accept that you are responsible for the choices you make and the consequences for those choices.
• Are committed to improving your ability to make good choices.
5. BE COOPERATIVE
Acting is a group activity which fails totally if one member is not cooperating, cooperation is ESSENTIAL to participate in the Youth Acting Courses. You are being cooperative when you;
• Show concern for others.
• Act and speak in a way that demonstrates good manners towards others (Teachers, Students, Parents and Agency staff.
• Listen attentively when others are speaking.
• Resolve problems and conflict without verbal and physical aggression.
• Choose to work with others in respectful and positive ways.
6. ZERO- BULLYING POLICY
Like all schools in Queensland, Positive Impact Academy and Agency888 has a zero tolerance policy for any form of bullying with our Youth Acting Courses. Bullying of any form, whether it be physical, verbal, sexual, discrimination, racial or gossip will not be tolerated. If a student is seen or accused of bullying and upon investigation, the allegations are proved true, they will have their enrolment immediately cancelled and they will be removed from the class and no refund will be given.
Payments for the Youth Acting courses are paid termly. The cost is $300 a term for Intermediate Acting and $440 a term for Senior acting. Term fees MUST BE PAID before the first class of each term. Students will not be allowed to participate in class until payment has been received. Reminders and information about how to pay will be emailed out by the teacher, as the end of previous term approaches.
8. WELLNESS POLICY:
With the given COVID-19 Situation, the health and wellbeing of our students and staff is of the utmost importance to us. Due to this we have implemented a number of safety precautions to help minimise the spread of germs. Upon entry to every class students will be required to sign in and sanitise their hands. Please note however, students are NOT to be sent to class if they are suffering any form of Cold or Flu symptoms. This is for the protection of all other students and staff. If a student arrives at class with Cold and Flu symptoms, parents will be contacted and asked to return to the agency and take their child home. No refunds are given for missing one class as the course is paid by for the Term. We appreciate your understanding on this matter.
9. CANCELLED CLASS:
In the event that the teacher for your class is unable to make class one week due to sickness, injury etc., all measures will be taken to try and find a cover teacher. In the event that this cannot happen, as a last resort class for that week will be cancelled. This is highly unlikely to happen and will only happen as an absolute last resort and class will then be made up at another time.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in termination of your enrolment in our Youth Acting Courses. If this occurs no refund will be issued for the forfeited classes.