BC Swim COVID-19 Policies and Program Updates
*subject to change without notice, check back for updates*
The health and safety of everyone attending our camps and lessons is our number one priority. Our COVID-19 protocols are based on direction from the BC Provincial Health Officer and the latest science as it relates to swimming pool environments. These protocols are subject to change if necessary to meet new health orders or directives.
Stay home if your child is experiencing any COVID-19 or flu like symptoms.
If you miss camp due to illness, email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options for a refund, credit, or rescheduling to another week.
Please review the following with your child/children before the start of their camp:
- Wash hands with soap and water for 20-30 seconds or use hand sanitizer.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or fold of the elbow.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
- No sharing of food, drinks, or toys with others.
Due to COVID-19, we have temporarily suspended our makeup system to reduce the movement of children between cohorts.
Proof of vaccination will be required for anyone 12 and older who enters the facility until April 8th, 2022.
The latest version of the Provincial Health Order related to the proof of vaccination program now includes swimming pools. (Official copy here).
There are no guidelines or restrictions around class sizes/cohorts.
At Pedalheads, we keep our classes small, generally 5-6 students to one instructor.
We do not require daily health checks, but recommend completing a daily health check before your camp
For the Daily Health Check, please click here.
Masks are no longer required indoors or outdoors.
In order to protect children and staff, we are utilizing additional measures to maximize health and safety at camp:
- Utilizing toys that encourage individual play. Equipment used in the pool that are in contact with chlorinated water do not require disinfection.
- Signage and communication at pools regarding hand hydiene and respiratory etiquette.
Enhanced hand washing protocols & facility cleaning
- Hand sanitizer is available at the pool.
- Instructions for swimmers and staff on how to cover mouth/no touching of face.
- Proper handwashing will be required after all bathroom use.
- Regular cleaning of high-touch surfaces.