Who We Are
The Moon Group Tax and Accounting Services, LLC is headed by Dedra Moon of Virginia Beach, VA. Our goal is to assist small business owners and individuals with bookkeeping, accounting and tax preparation services. We specialize in bookkeeping for home health care agencies and licensed clinical social workers with independent agencies. With over 25 years in the industry and a heart for service, at TMG, we focus on providing “Real Solutions for Real People, Even if It’s Complicated”
Why You Are Here
Thank you for your interest in joining TMG TA in the Bookkeeping Track. Bookkeeping is the activity or occupation of keeping records of the financial affairs of a business; as a professional bookkeeper, you will become a trusted advisor among your clients. This course is designed to help you become a bookkeeper that clients recognize as an expert in the niche/industry and actively seek to get on your roster.
Details Of The Course
· This track is an interactive 6-week program designed to teach you the basics of bookkeeping so that you can launch your own bookkeeping business and onboard clients within a short 6-week period.
· A laptop is required. Classes meet 2-3 times per week in person and virtually. Students are expected to attend each session in order to complete the course within the 6-week period. Makeup classes are permitted at the discretion of TMG staff. Students are not compensated for class time missed unless TMG cancels the class.
Classes times will be discussed during your initial appointment and confirmed one week before class begins. Because our program is accelerated, it is very important to be present and on time for each class meeting.
· We train exclusively on QuickBooks Online. We use QBO because it has name recognition in the community, is user friendly for you and the client, and offers you a free account for your own company.
· At the end of the 6-week course, students should be able to successfully complete the QBO ProAdvisor certification exam. Becoming QBO certified is something to be proud of and can generate additional revenue for your business.
· Upon successful completion of the course, students may be invited to work directly on TMG clients in an unpaid internship capacity and to book your own clients and work under the direct supervision of Dedra Moon for a period of up to 12 weeks after the completion of the course.
· You can expect to have homework assignments after each class meeting. Completion of the homework assignments are important to your overall learning process so please manage your time so that you can complete your homework before our next session.
· The cost of the course is a one-time, non-refundable payment of $600. Payment is due upon enrollment (submission of this form).
· Possible costs to expect during the cost (these costs are not mandatory, and some students may opt out): * State Corporation Commission for LLC - $100 * Website & Email Server $99 *Notary Public $55 *Business Cards $20