Application Deadline is August 14, 2020. Classes start on August 25, 2020.
After your “Completed” application is received:
An “Application Acknowledgement” letter will be sent via email notifying you that we received your application and if you have been accepted into the program. The letter will include the full course schedule with dates, times and location for all classes, as well as instructions for how to access the provisions that we have available such as: Childcare and Transportation support. Contact persons: Dewana Little: 828-239-9231 ext 3471 email@example.com or Jane Hatley 828-239-9231 ext 3473, jane.Hatley@self-help.org
The Application Acknowledgement letter will include a copy of our Education History, Work History
and Financial History forms; please fill them out and bring the completed forms with you to orientation.
Please bring the followin
g to the orientation:
Identification Card (ID) or Driver’s License (DL)
If accepted as a Successful Transitions participant your signature below certifies that it is mutually understood that:
1. Setting up/establishing a savings account is required prior to the first class.
2. Monthly savings is required. You must deposit a minimum of $20 into your savings account monthly.
3. Emergencies: If you have to withdraw some of your savings at any point during the program, which is okay. You must still make your monthly deposit.
4. The Match: The match for savings is limited to a $500 maximum but we will match savings less than $500. It’s up to the participant to whether they meet the maximum savings goal. ($83.34 x 6 months = $500.04)
5. Participation and Absences:
a. If a participant cannot attend a class Session, you must give 24 hours notice. If it’s a last minute issue, participants must call or send an email prior to the start of class to inform the contact person and schedule a make-up class.
b. If a participant is going to be late they must call the contact person prior to class. If a participant is more than 30 minutes late, they are required to attend a make-up session.
c. Attendance to 90%, 10 classes is required. It is the participants’ responsibility to be on time.
For in-person meetings: Dinner (optional) is served from 6:00pm to 6:30pm, Programming (required) is from 6:30pm to 8:00pm.
d. 3 Make-up sessions will be offered. It is the responsibility of the participant to get signed up for these sessions, if needed. To sign-up for the classes the participant must email or call the contact person with the information on which session to sign up for.