Student Use of the iPad/Chromebook
1. The iPad/Chromebook is the property of PW Community Schools and as a result may be seized and reviewed at any time. The student should have NO expectation of privacy of materials found on an iPad/Chromebook or a school supplied or supported email service.
2. The iPad/Chromebook comes equipped with a front-facing camera and video capacities. As with all recording devices, it is best practice and common courtesy to ask permission before recording an individual or group. Students must obtain school permission to publish a photograph or video of any school related activity.
3. Students are responsible for bringing their iPad/Chromebook to school every day unless otherwise directed by a staff member. Failure to bring an iPad/Chromebook or any other class material(s) does not release the student from their responsibility for class work. If a student repeatedly fails to bring materials to class, including an iPad/Chromebook, the student will be subject to disciplinary action.
4. It is the student’s responsibility to bring their iPad/Chromebook to school fully charged. A student’s repeated failure to bring their iPad/Chromebook charged may result in disciplinary action.
5. While personalized screensavers or backgrounds are permitted, inappropriate or provocative images are not permitted. This includes but is not limited to: pornographic images, guns, weapons, inappropriate and/or threatening language, drug, alcohol, and/or gang related images. Discovery of such images is subject to disciplinary action.
6. The district-issued iPad/Chromebook is designed as a tool for learning; misuse of the iPad/Chromebook may result in disciplinary action.
7. All students should recognize and guard their personal and private information. While on the Internet, students shall not reveal personal information, including home address or phone number, or the address or phone numbers of other students.
8. PW Community Schools encourages students to take their iPad/Chromebook home at night for class work and recharging. All care, handling, and appropriate use that is in effect during the school day shall extend to the use of the iPad/Chromebook at home.
9. PW Community Schools makes no guarantee, written or implied, that materials on the iPad/Chromebook, including student work, will be safe from deletion, accidental or otherwise.
10. To help keep students safe from inappropriate content on the Internet, student iPad/Chromebooks are filtered through our district’s servers, regardless of where it is physically located. Any attempt to reconfigure the settings to access an outside, unfiltered connection is a violation of the Technology Acceptable Use Policy and will be subject to the appropriate consequence outlined in that policy. By signing this policy, the student is agreeing to leave the filtering system intact and in place.