1. I agree to contribute an adoption fee as stated below
2. I agree to keep an identification tag attached to a properly fitted collar that will remain on the adopted animal at all times, whether inside or outside, and to obtain all city licenses requires by local authorities.
3. I agree to provide clean and secure indoor housing, fresh water, proper food (high quality dry kibbles are recommended to help keep teeth and gums clean), positive training methods and adequate companionship at all times.
4. I agree to have the animal seen by a state licensed veterinarian within 7 days of adoption. Adopter agrees to take the dog/cat to a state licensed veterinarian whenever the animal is in need of medical attention, including annual veterinary examination, monthly heartworm preventative, yearly stool samples, yearly vaccinations, rabies, according to my state’s regulations, monthly flea prevention medication and dental care as determined by the veterinarian. Adopter will arrange for immediate medical care in the event of serious illness or injury.
5. I agree to notify a SNIPSA representative immediately if this dog/cat is lost, or stolen and to make every effort to locate the dog/cat.
6. If for any reason the adopter is unable to keep the adopted dog/cat, adopter will notify a SNIPSA representative and inform them of the reason he/she is no longer able to care for this animal. There will be no refund of the adoption fee after the 7-day grace period. If the animal is returned within the 7-day grace period, the adoption fee, less a $50 administration fee, will be refunded.
7. Rehoming through SNIPSA – at SNIPSA’s discretion, I agree to foster the adopted dog/cat if there is any reason it is not adjusting well. I agree to foster until the animal can be rehomed. There will be an intake fee of $150 that goes toward medical/administrative fees.
8. I agree to notify a SNIPSA representative if I move, and will give the new email address, physical address, and phone number.
9. The above dog/cat will not be euthanized in a non-emergency situation.
10. I agree to allow a SNIPSA representative to periodically check on this dog/cat via phone call and email as needed, and if evidence of mistreatment is found, SNIPSA has the right to remove the pet from the household.
11. I understand that this animal is a rescued animal, and that no claims, representatives, or warranties are made or implied by SNIPSA as to this animal’s age, breed, physical or mental characteristics, prior experiences, current or future health, behavior or temperament.