EMERGENCY CONTACTS: In case child listed above becomes ill or is injured at school and I cannot be contacted, the school authorities have my permission to contact and release my child to the custody of one of the following:
If my child needs to be taken to an emergency facility, he/she will be taken to the nearest one.
To assure prompt attention to your child,
PLEASE NOTIFY SCHOOL OF ANY CHANGE IN PHONE NUMBER OR ADDRESS.
1. Users are responsible for their account(s). Users should make appropriate use of the system and network-provided protection features and take precautions against others obtaining access to their computer resources. Individual password security is the responsibility of each user.
2. Users are forbidden from using techniques designed to cause damage to, deny access by legitimate users of computers or network components connected to the Internet or result in the loss of the recipient's work.
3. Users shall not use another user's account or password without proper authorization.
4. Users are forbidden from circumventing security measures on school or remote computers and networks.
5. Users shall not download, install or run security programs or utilities which reveal weaknesses in the security of a system. For example, the users shall not run password cracking programs on any of the Department's computing systems.
6. Users are prohibited from sending unsolicited, commercial and/or offensive e-mail.
7. Users are prohibited from using any form of electronic media to harass, intimidate or otherwise annoy another person/group.
8. Users shall not make copies of system configuration files for their own unauthorized personal use or to provide to other people/users with unauthorized uses.
9. Users may post pages that are consistent with the public, non-profit educational mission of the Department of Education and are in compliance with all state and federal laws, including those prohibiting obscenity, defamation or copyright infringement.
10. Use of the Department of Education network resources to illegally distribute or duplicate unauthorized copyrighted or licensed material is prohibited.
11. Use of the Department of Education network to post, send, or retrieve pornographic material, inappropriate text or graphic files, or files dangerous to the integrity of the network are prohibited.
12. Use of the Department of Education network system in a manner that encumbers system and network resources to the point that usage causes interference with others' services is prohibited.
13. The Department of Education network and computing resources shall not be used for political lobbying.
14. The Department of Education is a non-commercial user of the web and use of the web must remain non-commercial. No personal money-making activity may be conducted through the use of the Department's computing and networking resources.
15. The Department of Education is not responsible or liable for materials in violation. Users are responsible for the content of their postings and obtaining all necessary permissions or licenses for any material used.
16. Users shall not make unauthorized copies of copyrighted software, except as permitted by law or by the owner of the copyright.
17. Sending or receiving unlawful information via electronic communications; using electronic communications illegally in ways that violate local, state, federal, or international laws or statutes are prohibited.
18. Users shall always cooperate with requests from the system administrators for information about the users' computing activities.
19. Users are requested to report any weaknesses in the Department of Education's computer security, any incidents of possible misuse or violation of this agreement to the proper authorities by contacting Network Support Services Branch via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
20. The Department of Education reserves the right to investigate and monitor any accounts, servers, or machines suspected of policy violation.
21. The Department of Education reserves the right to disconnect any device that is the source of malicious or suspicious activities without notice until the machine in violation is cleaned or fixed.
22. The Department of Education reserves the right without notice to freeze and delete an account that is engaging in activities that violate the Department of Education's policy or the source of spamming, abusive or malicious activities.
I Student Name* , along with, Parents Name, agree to the terms and conditions of the acceptable use guidelines.
My (our) child First & Last Name* in papa Grade* has my consent to attend and participate in all huakaʻi activities connected with his/her being a student at Ka ʻUmeke Kāʻeo (KʻUK) Public Charter School. My child has permission to travel by KʻUK bus, public carriers, chartered bus, KʻUK vans, private or commercial vehicles driven by an adult representative, or walk with adult supervision for all huakaʻi purposes.I expressly waive and release any and all claims against the Department of Education of the State of Hawaiʻi, Ka ʻUmeke Kāʻeo Public Charter School and any duly appointed representatives on account of accident, injury or illness that may be incurred by my child while participating in any activity; including but not limited to travel and huakaʻi as referred herein.You will be kept abreast of all huakaʻi schedules, waivers, and needed supplies through your child’s kumu and the KʻUK keʻena. Huakaʻi at KʻUK are a substantial part of our curriculum and participation by all students in all activities is important for learning. Your child will be required to participate in all huakaʻi activities unless otherwise specified through submitting in writing to your child’s kumu their name, activity, and date of non-participation.In case of illness or injury to said child/student, we (I) hereby consent to and authorize such medical or dental treatment as deemed necessary, and agree to pay such medical and dental costs if incurred. We will make every effort to contact you before such action is taken.Please specify any medical conditions or allergies your child suffers from in the space provided below:
In the event that bus services becomes available please complete the Bus Registration Form and return it to the keʻena. Once your Registration Form is received and reviewed.
Due to Covid-19 at this moment we are not offer bus service but in the event that bus services becomes available we do offer pick-up and drop-off at two locations, Shipman Park in Kea‘au and Pana‘ewa. In the event that we resume bus service it is CRITICAL that you be at the designated bus stop on time for your pick up. If your keiki are not at the designated bus stop on time, the bus will leave and you will have to bring your keiki to school. Also, please be sure to designate if you will be allowing your child to walk home from the bus stop, allowed to stay at the bus stop until you arrive or be released to an authorized person. If you do not designate a release procedure, he/she will return to the school and you will need to pick him/her up from campus.
The rules of the bus have also been included in this packet. Please go over the rules with your child. If your keiki does not comply with the rules, he/she may be dismissed from the bus and it will be your responsibility to provide transportation for your keiki.
Please be advised that parents ARE NOT to step on the bus at any time. If you need to communicate with your child, please do so prior to their getting on the bus or when they disembark. If there are any problems on the bus or at the bus stop, please call administration at 961-0470.
Please understand that this service is being provided by Ka ʻUmeke Kāʻeo and NOT the Department of Education. It is a costly service, but one that we offer as a kōkua to our ʻohana. We are doing our best to continue bus service while ensuring that students are safe and that we can keep on time. Unfortunately, there may be times when unforeseen circumstances prevent us from providing bus service. We will do everything we can to prevent and limit these situations, but your understanding should these situations occur would be appreciated.
For Your Safety
Follow these bus rules: At all times...
Care for and respect one another. Speak in a normal tone of voice. Remain seated with seatbelts fastened. Keep head and hands in the bus. Take care of Ka ‘Umeke property. Be respectful of the driver and the bus. The aisle must remain clear.
No fighting, violence, yelling, swearing. No eating and drinking on the bus. No littering. Take your rubbish with you.
Skateboards, roller blades, surfboards, balloons, large school projects, kendamas, Pokemon cards, pogs. No use of cell phones, iPods, electronic games, devices.
Items that are taken away on the bus may be retrieved by parents at the office.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE RULES ABOVE WILL RESULT IN YOUR DISMISSAL FROM THE BUS.
Kaʻa ʻŌhua (Bus) schedule effective 8/6/20
1st Keiki Name: First & Last Name Grade:Grade Select Days Needing Transportation Morning :Mon. Tue. Wed. Thur. Fri. Afternoon:Mon. Tue. Wed. Thur. Fri. Select point of Pick Up :Panaʻewa Keaʻau Hale Lamalama Select point of Drop Off:Panaʻewa Keaʻau Hale Lamalama Kawānanakoa 2nd Keiki Name: First & Last Name Grade:Grade Select Days Needing Transportation Morning :Mon. Tue. Wed. Thur. Fri. Afternoon :Mon. Tue. Wed. Thur. Fri. Select point of Pick Up :Panaʻewa Keaʻau Hale Lamalama Select point of Drop Off:Panaʻewa Keaʻau Hale Lamalama Kawānanakoa 3rd Keiki Name: First & Last Name Grade: Grade Select Days Needing Transportation Morning :Mon. Tue. Wed. Thur. Fri. Afternoon :Mon. Tue. Wed. Thur. Fri. Select point of Pick Up : Panaʻewa Keaʻau Hale Lamalama Select point of Drop Off:Panaʻewa Keaʻau Hale Lamalama Kawānanakoa 4th Keiki Name: First & Last Name Grade: Grade Select Days Needing Transportation Morning :Mon. Tue. Wed. Thur. Fri. Afternoon :Mon. Tue. Wed. Thur. Fri. Select point of Pick Up : Panaʻewa Keaʻau Hale Lamalama Select point of Drop Off:Panaʻewa Keaʻau Hale Lamalama Kawānanakoa
Note: Services will be comparable to those provided to all other students attending this school.
I understand and agree that the Homeless Concerns Liaison may contact me.
When you fully complete your Free & Reduced Price School Meals Form please click Submit and move on to the EKF Acceptance of Conditios, Release of Indemnity Form.
Please complete the requested information below to participate in our automated messaging system managed by One Call Now (OCN). This messaging system will be used to communicate important information and updates regarding emergency situations (lockdowns, tsunami, and other natural disasters), school cancellations, bus scheduling, huakaʻi reminders, meetings and school activities.
Your participation is highly recommended. All names and phone numbers will be held in the strict confidentiality and will only be used for school purposes. Contact information can be updated at your convenience and you may cancel participation at any time. Please complete one letter per ʻohana and return to kumu.
If you have further questions regarding this service please call Kelly Osorio at Ka ʻUmeke Kāʻeo at (808) 961-0470
Primary contact phone number for all notifications (e.g. announcements, reminders notifications)
I give my permission to receive calls, text messages and e-mails from Ka ʻUmeke Kāʻeo via the One Call Now system.