BACKGROUND AND INTENT
The G.E. Weaver Scholarship and Educational Fund began in 1977 with a personal gift of $1,000 from the late Reverend George Edward Weaver. Upon his retirement in 1982, the church membership made the commitment to continue this scholarship in his honor.
The intent of the G.E. Weaver Scholarship and Educational Fund is a continued investment in the Christian development of active youth of New Mount Olive Baptist Church who will be graduating from high school and attending an accredited college, university or post-secondary institution. It is intended to provide resources to help nurture our young people into positive and effective Christian leaders in the community and for the Kingdom of God in accordance with Holy Scriptures.
1. Must be a member of the New Mount Olive Baptist Church for a minimum of two years.
2. Must be a high school graduate during the current school year.
3. Must submit a 250 word minimum, typed essay specifying “Why should I be awarded this scholarship”and “How will I continue to grow as a Christian in college.” Essay will be reviewed to authenticate originality and safeguard against plagiarism or duplication.
4. Three (3) letters of recommendation must accompany the application with at least one from a church member.The other letters can be addressed by a teacher, administrator, or a community member (Example: employer/neighbor/club advisor/etc.)
5. An official copy of applicant’s current high school transcript is to be submitted with the application.
6. Applicant must participate in a virtual interview scheduled by the G.E. Weaver Scholarship Ministry.
7. Written proof of acceptance to an accredited college, university or post-secondary institution APPLICATION MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE OFFICE OF THE ADMINISTRATOR AT NMOBC BEFORE 11:59PM, FRIDAY, April 14, 2023. APPLICANT WILL OBTAIN AN OFFICIAL RECEIPT TO VERIFY THE
SUBMISSION OF THE APPLICATION.
Applicant must show evidence of participation in youth related ministries at New Mount Olive Baptist Church.
Please submit a completed Youth Involvement Verification form signed by the Ministry Leader to confirm ministry involvement