To qualify for this rebate:
- The member must agree to the installation of a Load Management Switch (LMS) on the water heater. It must remain on the water heater for a minimum of 5 years.
- The LMS will be installed by a qualified technician at the discretion of NREMC.
- LMS installation must be completed prior to occupancy. Replacement units or occupied residences do not qualify.
- The water heater must be installed on NREMC lines.
- The water heater must have been purchased within 30 days of the rebate application.
- Proof of purchase or an installation invoice must be included with the application.
- Rebate will be credited on member's electric bill which will be applied after verification and installation of the load management switch is complete.
Qualifying units do not include:
- Geothermal system units.
- More than one water heater plumbed in series.
- A unit for seasonal use.
- A unit less than 40-gallon capacity.
- A unit installed on a non-permanent foundation.
NREMC will provide a bill credit of $200 for a 40-gallon or $250 for a 50-gallon (or larger) electric water heater to qualified applicants.