Please read the following carefully. By signing below I understand the following:
(1) I give my permission for my child to participate in the Big Brothers Big Sisters Program;
(2) I give my permission for the school to provide social and academic information about my child to Big Brothers Big
Sisters (e.g. report cards, behavior reports);
As an approved partner with Pittsburgh Public Schools for the 2020-2021 school year, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Pittsburgh is authorized to receive personally identifiable student educational data including grades, PSSA and other assessment scores, attendance and discipline data, Promise eligibility, credit count, and graduation rates.
IF YOU DO NOT WANT THIS INFORMATION SHARED WITH Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Pittsburgh, please contact Tylor Hart, PROGRAM ASSISTANT, OUT-OF-SCHOOL TIME PARTNERSHIPS, DATA AND EVALUATION for Pittsburgh Public Schools at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-529-3537 and your child’s name will be placed on an opt-out list and no student data will be shared.
(3) I give my permission to have my child answer questions about school, home life, personal interests and opinions;
(4) I give my permission to have my child talk with a Big Brothers Big Sisters staff person about personal safety;
(5) I have received a copy of the Program Information Sheet, Site-Based Eligibility and the link for the online Parent/Guardian Pre-match training that includes information on child safety/protection;
(6) That BBBS will try to contact me by phone three times to present information before the match is made and if
BBBS is not able to contact me they will go ahead and match my child;
(7) Big Brothers Big Sisters does not exclude children on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, gender,
marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability; and
(8) I give my permission for my child to take part in virtually mentoring sessions if necessary.
(9) my child is not to exchange contact info with his/her Big. Although we screen, run background checks, and
train our volunteers MONITORING COMMUNICATION OUTSIDE OF THE SCHOOL IS ULTIMATELY