The Best Care for Your Pet!
- All cats and kittens need a blood test for Feline Leukemia and FIV virus.
- The Distemper (RCP) vaccine is a "core" vaccine for all cats and kittens (starting at 8 weeks of age)
- Rabies vaccine is a "core" vaccine for all cats (at least 12 weeks of age)
- Feline Leukemia is a "core" vaccine for all cats under 2 years of age and thereafter only for cats that go outside or live in an open household with other cats that come in from outside or with unknown status
- Deworming should be performed for all kittens and cats as recommended by the Companion Animal Parasite Council (https://capcvet.org/guidelines/general-guidelines/)
- We will need a stool sample to check under the microscope for eggs of intestinal parasites - please try to bring one, as fresh as you can!