To see California immunization requirements for school go to https://www.shotsforschool.org/k-12/
Directions for Parent's Letter to School: Your letter is one of the most important parts of the application. Along with your child's letter, it will normally have the most influence on acceptance to Redwood Christian Schools.
Do not repeat information already provided in other sections of this application. Instead, provide more detailed and personal information that will help the school understand your child's personality, background, lifestyle and habits. We ask that you be very frank and honest in your letter and that you comment on your child's strengths and weaknesses. Remember you are writing to a school in a foreign country. Please include the type of information you would want to know if you were in the school's position.
This document is signed annually by all of Redwood's employees and board members and selected volunteers. It is provided in its entirety below for you to read.
This document incorporates many of the principles and statements found in Articles II-V of the By-laws of Redwood Christian Schools, in addition to school positions based upon Biblical Truth. In an effort to continually keep before us the goals and principles that guide Redwood, this document is required to be read and signed each year by all of Redwood's employees, selected volunteers, and board members. By so doing, each such person is declaring, in writing, his or her unconditional support for and acceptance of these principles and statements.
The mission of Redwood Christian Schools is to provide a Christ-centered education which is able to equip students for daily living and eternal life.
1. The basis of Redwood is the Word of God (Eph. 6:4, Psa. 34:11, Prov. 22:6 and Deut. 6:5-7
2. The basis is five-dimensional in that Redwood (a) honors the Bible as God's Word, (b) proclaims the relevancy of God, (c) asserts that man is a spiritual being, (d) teaches that there is absolute truth, and (e) believes that man is a sinner.
3. Redwood's philosophy for an education that is Christian starts with the belief that God is the source of all truth. Its perspective is the Biblical view of God with Christ at the center of all life and with all parts of the universe mutually related.
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible recorded Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16-17
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that for salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
8. We believe that God wonderfully foreordained and immutably created each person as either male or female in conformity with his or her biological sex. These two distinct yet complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Genesis 1:26–27
The purpose of Redwood Christian Schools, a nonprofit institution, is to provide Christ-centered instruction of high academic quality in conformity with Article III of the By-laws. Our students are to be prepared to take their place in the home, the church, the state, and in their vocations or professions, in a manner that glorifies God.
1. to teach that the Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God;
2. to teach that one can obtain eternal life only by receiving the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior;
3. to teach that God is the creator and sustainer of the universe and of man;
4. to teach that growth in the Christian life depends upon fellowship with God through Bible reading, prayer and service;
5. to teach that the Bible is the inspired and only infallible recorded Word of God and that it is practical and essential;
6. to teach the application of Biblical principles to every part of daily life;
7. to teach academic subjects integrated with the Bible;
8. to teach the student his role in the community with non-Christians and with Christians who hold differing views;
9. to teach the urgency of world missions;
10. to teach the student to think for himself and to stand up for his personal convictions in the face of pressure;
11. to teach the student to apply himself to his work and to fulfill his various responsibilities;
12. to teach the student to work independently and cooperatively;
13. to teach the knowledge and skills required for future study or for occupational competence;
14. to teach an appreciation of the fine arts;
15. to teach and help develop a desire and a discretion for wholesome physical and mental recreation;
16. to prepare him for adult responsibilities as a Christian citizen of our nation
We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Gen. 1:26-27 Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Gen. 2:18-25We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (1 Cor. 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb. 13:4 We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God (Matt. 15:18-20; 1 Cor. 6:9-10
We believe that in order to preserve the function and integrity of Redwood Christian Schools as the local Body of Christ, and to provide a Biblical role model to the students and families of Redwood Christian Schools and the community, it is imperative that all persons employed by Redwood Christian Schools in any capacity, and selected volunteers agree with and abide by this Statement on Marriage, Gender and Sexuality (Matt. 5:16; Phil. 2:14-16; 1 Thess. 5:22)
We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ (Acts 3:19-21; Rom. 10:9-10; 1 Cor. 6:9-11
We believe that all human life is sacred. God created mankind in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect and value all human life (Psa. 139:1- 18
The Redwood Christian Schools Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God, speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality and the proper conduct of mankind. The Bible is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of the faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline of Redwood Christian Schools, our School Board is the final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.
I have read and understood the aforementioned principles and statements. As an employee, volunteer, or board member of Redwood Christian Schools, I agree to strive to promote the Basis and Purpose of Redwood Christian Schools.
We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31 Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of Redwood Christian Schools.
Parents’/Guardians’ Pledge of Acceptance
1. We as parents or guardians who are accepting the Biblical challenge to “train up a child in the way he should go,” do state that this training will be carried on in the home. We shall place our trust in Redwood Christian Schools to be an extension of that training. (Proverbs 22:6; Luke 6:40
2. We understand that the faculty and staff of Redwood Christian Schools will teach love and respect for the Lord Jesus Christ and obedience to Him. (I Samuel 15:22; Matthew 28:20; John 14:15, 21)
3. We understand that Redwood Christian Schools is most effective in providing our child(ren) with a Christ-centered education when we as a family read the Bible, pray and attend a local church whose Statement of Faith is not inconsistent with the Statement of Faith of RCS. (Deuteronomy 6:6,7; Hebrews 10:25)
4. We do hereby state that we have read the RCS Student Handbook pertaining to this student and have examined the school’s curriculum, statement of faith, facilities, disciplinary procedures and the Refund Policy as stated in the Tuition and Fees Schedule, and we do accept those procedures and pledge our support to the faculty and administration of RCS. (Amos 3:3; 1 Corinthians 1:10; Philippians 2:2)
5. We pledge our fullest cooperation to not make an issue of any doctrinal controversy or denominationalism. (John 17:23; I Corinthians 1:10; Ephesians 4:3-7)
6. We understand that in order for discipline to be most effective, it must be administered immediately. We hereby invest authority in Redwood Christian Schools to discipline our child as deemed necessary by the school including picking up our child from school, detention, suspension and expulsion, and agree to abide by such discipline. (Proverbs 29:15, 17; Hebrew12:11)
7. We agree that Redwood Christian Schools can suspend and/or expel, at its sole discretion, our child named on this form if it is determined by the administration of the school to be in the best interest of either our child or the school. We agree to withdraw our child if it is determined by the administration of the school to be in the best interest of either our child or the school. We understand that failure to pay tuition as it is due is grounds for expulsion of our child named on this form.
8. We understand that it is my/our responsibility to review the Annual Tuition Brochure, Basis & Purpose of RCS, Parent/Guardian's Pledge of Acceptance, Agreement with the Redwood Christian Schools Philosophy of Education, and the Student Handbook each year; and acknowledge I/we will be held to the most currently published version(s) of said publications.
9. By signing the electronic signature page, we, as parents or guardians of our child, do sincerely give our pledge that we will support and abide by all items as stated above for the entire time our child(ren) is enrolled at RCS. (Deuteronomy 23:21; Numbers 30:2)
Redwood Christian Schools (RCS) believes that a student’s home and school should have a harmonious relationship. Thus we ask the home to be in agreement with the policies, practices and philosophy stated herein on our application and on our Website. Our philosophy is based on the conviction that Bible knowledge and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ are essential to fulfill the spiritual, academic and social development of the student, and we strive to foster that philosophy in our classes, programs and curriculum to provide a Christ-centered education.
Redwood Christian Schools does not limit its enrollment to only students who have committed their lives to Jesus Christ. We welcome students of all religious backgrounds, and strongly encourage families to regularly attend church together. The total process of education at RCS includes encouraging students who have not committed their lives to Jesus Christ (unsaved) to trust in Him for their salvation, and then develop a Christian worldview by relating the whole person to God in all facets of life.
Our philosophy of Christian education recognizes the God-ordained role of parents to their child(ren In view of this relationship, Redwood Christian Schools affirms that education is primarily the parents’ responsibility. Our school functions as an extension of the home, to assist the proper relationship between the family, church and the educational process in providing a Christ-centered education to our students.
Just as parents expect RCS to support their family, it is the expectation of RCS that our families will:
By signing this Agreement, we pledge and agree to:
Redwood Christian Schools requires an Academic Reference Form to be completed for every applicant.
Please provide the name and email address for three different Administrators, Teachers, or Counselors from the current school. An electronic Academic Reference Form will be sent to them to be completed.
By providing the name and email address, as the parent or guardian, you are authorizing the release of information for the applicant as requested by Redwood Christian Schools to be filled out and submitted by the provided person with whom the reference is being sent to.
Directions for Student's Letter to School: Your letter is one of the most important parts of the application.
Most of this application has had you filling in blanks and providing short answers. Here, you will have the opportunity to reveal your true personality. Don't waste this space repeating information such as your birthplace, birth date, age, etc. You have already provided this. The school wants to know why you want to come, what you want to enjoy doing with them and the new friends you'll make, and what you are like with your family and friends in your home country. Make your letter as friendly and personal as possible.
Here is a link to the RCS Handbook.
The electronic signatures below and their related fields are treated by Redwood Christian School like a physical handwritten signature on a paper form.
My signature below affirms that all of the information contained in this application is correct, complete, and honestly presented. I understand that withholding or misrepresenting information in this application may jeopardize my child's admission. Furthermore, my digital signature below serves as my expressed consent to conduct this transaction electronically. During the final step to acceptance RCS will require both parents/guardians to physically sign the application packet. If this is not possible, a written explanation will be required.
The Application Fee is $199. To finish your application, please submit Powered by Formstack Create your own form › payment information. Card number