What to expect.
After your application has been received, a staff member or volunteer will contact you via phone and interview you. During this pandemic, our agency will not be conducting face to face interviews.
· Please be prepared to explain what created your crisis and to discuss all household income and expenses.
· Our agency may require that you or others in your home search for work or apply for other benefits to improve your situation before we offer assistance.
· We may also require you to access services at another agency before being interviewed, if we believe they can better meet your needs.
· Our agency cannot guarantee that if you are interviewed, you will be offered assistance.
· If you are approved for financial assistance, all checks are mailed directly to the vendor.
Documents that may be requested.
· Picture ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.) for each household member over the age of 18 years old
· Copy of social security card.
· Proof of all household income.
· Expense receipts for the circumstance you identify as creating your crisis. (Ex: car repair, home repair, etc.)
· Utility disconnect notice if requesting utility assistance. The account must be in the name of someone residing in the home.
· Court eviction notice if requesting rental assistance. Rowan Helping Ministries only pays rent to the actual property owner and this information is verified on the Rowan County GIS.