What to expect.
Our agency is currently conducting phone interviews. After your application has been received, a staff member or volunteer will contact you via phone for your interview. If any of your contact information changes before your scheduled appointment please let us know via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Please be prepared to explain what created your crisis and to discuss all household income and expenses.
· Our agency may require that you or others in your home search for work or apply for other benefits to improve your situation before we offer assistance.
· We may also require you to access services at another agency before being interviewed, if we believe they can better meet your needs.
· Our agency cannot guarantee that if you are interviewed, you will be offered assistance.
· If you are approved for financial assistance, all checks are mailed directly to the vendor.
Documents that may be requested.
· Picture ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.) for each household member over the age of 18 years old
· Verification of last 4 of your Social Security Number.
· Proof of all household income for all members of the household over the age of 18.
· Expense receipts for the circumstance you identify as creating your crisis. (Ex: car repair, home repair, etc.)
· Utility disconnect notice and a copy of the bill if requesting utility assistance. The account must be in the name of someone residing in the home.
· Court eviction notice if requesting rental assistance. Rowan Helping Ministries only pays rent to the actual property owner and this information is verified on the Rowan County GIS.
Please note that we are receiving a large number of requests for assistance daily. Please make sure to fill out application as completely as possible.