Winter Market Season (12 markets) - Saturdays Jan 23 thru Mar 27
Regular Market Season (31 markets) - Saturdays Apr 3 thru Oct 30
Holiday Market Season (7 markets) - Saturdays Nov 6 thru Dec 18
(If you are new to River Street Market, you should wait until approved to obtain these - existing vendors need to have by their first day at the market)
Farmers/Producers Only (if applicable to your business)
Vendor Acceptance & Placement are prioritized by a combination of:
Market Fees and Payment Choices are as follows (per 10x12 space):
Market Dates and Times:
Every Saturday 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. (year round)
Weather Permitting (we are open rain or shine) Any closures will be announced by email and posted on social media as well as the River Street Maket Vendors Group on Facebook. .
30 River Street Petersburg, VA 23803 - Old Towne Petersburg
in gravel parking lot adjacent to the Historic Farmers Market Building
1. All products: Must be handmade, homemade or grown in Virginia or the local region (NC, WV, MD, PA) - exceptions can be made for some items.
If you wish to add new items beyond those listed on your application, you must notify us by email so that your application can be updated and these items can be reviewed and approved prior to sale at the Market. No products may be sold without prior approval.
If you sell items produced or made by another local person, farm or artisan, you must know the producer or maker personally and represent to the public the fact that you did not produce or make such item.
ALL ITEMS MUST BE APPROVED BY MARKET MANAGER PRIOR TO SELLING OR DISPLAYING!
2. All vendors must adhere to sanitary procedures as outlined by the Petersburg Health Department.
3. Smoking/Pets: There will be NO smoking/vaping or pets allowed in any vendor stall spaces or on River Street Market premises. Exceptions can be made for livestock animals in relation to your business/farm/trade with prior approval.
4. Vendor Displays:
5. Submitting an application does NOT guarantee you a spot in the market. Applications are evaluated by "non-vendor" Board Members and Market Managers of River Street Market which operates as a fully non-profit organization.
6. UPON APPROVAL each vendor must be willing to obtain proper licensing and tags and all other required documents and equipment as listed in application.
7. Some exceptions can be made with Board approval.
Additional Market Policies and Procedures - IMPORTANT!!
Punctuality Policy/Set Up and Take Down:
Set up shall begin no later than 8am and shall conclude by 8:45am.
Vendors are not permitted to set up the night before.
Vendors must vacate the site by 1 hour past closing of Market.
Vendors who arrive later than 1 hour prior to Market opening may not have assigned space and run the risk of being excluded from the Market that day.
Conduct and Violations:
Communications and Notices:
River Street Market 220 North Sycamore Street Petersburg, VA 23803
Taxes, Insurance, Licenses, Permits and special requirements:
Hold Harmless Clause:
By submitting this Application, you confirm that you have read, understand, and agree to abide by the rules and regulations set forth above.