1) Organizations have the opportunity to receive up to 2 grant awards per Board Year.
2) Requests can be submitted by the 15th of each month, August - April; applications received by midnight on the 15th will be considered for that month's awards, but after the 15th will be considered in the next month.
3) Organizations eligible for grant funds must be recognized as an organization or informal fund. This means the organization has a bank account. Checks can only be written to an organizational account tied to the organization applying for the grant. Student clubs/sports must have a separate accounting system within a Student Activity Fund (SAF) to receive grant funds.
4) Grants will be awarded based on the need, the organization's demonstrated ability to fundraise to support a portion of the activity or purchase, and the overall community impact of the activity or purchase being supported by community grant funds.
5) For lodging requests, the Welfare Committee will follow the $50/per person per day double occupancy or 85% of cost of hotel (whichever is lower).
6) Awards will be hand-delivered by an SCSC Board Member to the individual applying for funds on behalf of the organization. Checks can also be picked up on request at the Patch Thrift Shop by arrangement with the Welfare Chair. CHECKS MUST BE CASHED WITHIN 60 DAYS OF RECEIPT OR BEFORE THE EVENT OR PURCHASE. Transferring funds via bank accounts will also be an option.
7) Grant funds must be utilized and reconciled 30 days after the event - with the exception of summer grants awarded in April. April grant awards are for summer activities and must be reconciled by September 1st.
8) Include estimates for activities/items that you are requesting. The application must specifically demonstrate the need for the amount requested. If you ask for $5,000 for train tickets, but train tickets cost $2,000, then the organization would only be considered for a $2,000 award.
9) Grant funds that have not been utilized must be returned to the SCSC. Grant funds are not transferrable to another activity or purchase. Unused funds are to be returned to the Patch Thrift Shop unless arrangements have been made for pick up with the SCSC Welfare Chair.