TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. For the purposes of these terms and conditions reference to a rate notice also includes reference to any rate final notice and interim rate notice.
2. The Shire of East Pilbara reserves the right to either accept or reject any request in its absolute discretion.
3. You agree to receive your rate notice by email and understand that a paper document will no longer be sent.
4. Following your registration, a confirmation email will be sent to the nominated email address.
5. By completing this form, you confirm you are the registered owner, joint owner or Agent of the property address shown above. Any other joint owners also consent to the redirection to email. (Note that, only one email address per property will be accepted.)
6. You must advise any other person who currently receives a paper rate notice for this property that they will no longer receive it as a result of your request. The Shire of East Pilbara will not provide this [notification].
7. All future rate notices will be sent in the form of a PDF attachment to the nominated email address.
8. If you authorise an Agent to act on your behalf, you must notify the Shire of East Pilbara. In the event of changes or cancellations to authorised representatives, you or the Agent must 'unsubscribe' from the email rate notice registration.
9. You must regularly check your nominated email address, possibly including the junk mail folder for rates notices.
10. You agree that rate notices are deemed served when it reaches your internet service provider, regardless of if you have opened or read the email.
11. You will still be responsible for any penalties resulting from late payment of notices delivered via email. Your delay in viewing a notice via email will not be considered a valid reason for payment delay.
12. An ‘Out of office’ notification will not be considered an undeliverable rate notice.
13. You agree that you will retain the rate notice information yourself electronically or by printing it.
14. If you change your email address, you are required to re-register your new email address.
15. Should the Shire of East Pilbara receive an electronic 'delivery failure' notification from your nominated email address, the request for email delivery will be cancelled and a paper notice will be posted to the last advised postal address.
16. The Shire of East Pilbara retains the right to cancel any email request for any reason.
17. You can unsubscribe from the email delivery of your rate notice at any time by emailing email@example.com
18. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.