The Jackson State University Memphis Alumni Chapter Scholarship Program recongizes high school students, transfer students, or continuing upperclassmen from the Greater Memphis community, who will continue their education at Jackson State University.
• New freshman, upperclassmen or transfer student admitted to and/or attending Jackson State University.
• A minimum of a 2.5 grade point average (GPA) from most recent transcript.
• Permanent resident of Shelby, Tipton, and Fayette counties in Tennessee, Desoto, Tate, Marshall and Tunica counties in Mississippi, and Crittenden county in Arkansas.
Please read the following information before completing this application. The Scholarship Committee will not consider any application that is not complete as instructed below.
1. A completed application packet consists of:
A completed application
An official copy of your most recent transcript:
New Freshmen - High School Transcript
Upperclassmen/Continuing JSU Students - JSU Transcript
Transfer Students - Transfer College Transcript
Two (2) letters of recommendation on letterhead (non-relatives only, one letter must be from a teacher/professor, counselor or formal academic advisor, and only ONE letter can be from a current JSU Memphis Alumni Chapter member.)
A 500-word essay that answers the essay question
“Why I Chose Jackson State University to Further My Education”
FERPA Consent form to release student information to verify enrollment for distribution of funds.
*Note: Students who receive awards during the Fall Semester and reapply for the Spring semester are only required to submit a completed application, current semester grades & FERPA Consent form (Items 3 & 4 are not required).
2. Application and all supporting documents must be submitted by each deadlines established for each semester. (Fall – August 1 & Spring – January 1) unless otherwise stated by the chapter.
3. Completed application packet can be submitted online and/or by mail. must be email, e-mail or hand deliver completed and unstapled application and all supporting documents in a singleenvelope to arrive by the above priority deadlines to:
If you have questions, please email email@example.com