In consideration of being given the opportunity to participate in any Cape Cod Masters Rowing (CCMR) rowing activity, including but not limited to launching and/or landing boats, handling equipment and rowing ("Activity") during the period 1/1/2021 - 12/31/2021, I, for myself, my personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin:
1. ACKNOWLEDGE, agree, and represent that I understand the nature of rowing Activity, both on the water and land-based, and that I am qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate.
2. FULLY UNDERSTAND that:
ROWING ACTIVITIES INVOLVE RISKS AND DANGERS of serious bodily injury, including permanent disability, paralysis, and death (“Risks”);
these Risks may be caused by my own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activity, the conditions in which the Activity takes place, or the negligence of the “Releasees” named below in paragraph 6;
there may be other risks and social and economic losses either not known to me or not foreseeable at this time; and
3. AFFIRM that I have not been diagnosed with, demonstrated any symptoms of or have in any way been exposed to any communicable diseases (including but not limited to the virus commonly referred to as COVID-19) within the last 14 days, or that I have complied with all local, state and federal guidelines and regulations as related to communicable diseases; and
4. ACKNOWLEDGE that I am aware that by entering the premises and participating in rowing-related and sponsored activities that there are risks to me and to those with whom I interact of exposure, directly or indirectly, to communicable disease(s) including but not limited to the virus "severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) "COVID-19" and/or any mutation or variation thereof; and
I FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES I incur as a result of my participation in the Activity.
5. I AGREE AND WARRANT that I will examine and inspect each Activity in which I take part as a member of CCMR and that if I observe any condition which I consider to be unacceptably hazardous or dangerous, I will notify the proper authority in charge of the Activity and will refuse to take part in the Activity until the condition has been corrected to my satisfaction.
6. I HEREBY RELEASE, discharge, and covenant not to sue CCMR, its administrators, directors, agents, officers, volunteers and employees, and other participants, club organizers, any sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises on which CCMR Activity takes place, including the Town of Harwich (each considered one of the Releasees herein) from all liability, claims, demands, losses, or damages on my account caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the releasees or otherwise, including negligent rescue operations; and. I further agree that if, despite this release waiver of liability, assumption of risk, and indemnity agreement, I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against any of the releasees, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND HOLD HARMLESS each of the Releasees from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss liability, damages, or costs which they may incur as a result of such claim.