All of the information I have provided is true and complete to the best of my knowledge. Should a Rescue Turtle be placed with me, I agree to the following:
· It will reside in my home as a foster.
· I agree to provide my new foster with adequate food (commercial food provided by CMTR if needed), water, shelter, attention, and medical care.
· I agree to abide by all direction and advice given to me by CMTR and/or the MS Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks.
· I understand that the turtle I am fostering is NOT a pet, but a rescued wild animal that will hopefully be returned to the wild at the end of this foster period.
· I agree to provide everything necessary for the health of the turtle(s) in my care, while making sure the turtle(s) is not handled excessively or exposed to other humans or pets which could transmit bacteria and pathogens to the foster turtle(s).
· I understand that the turtle is to be housed indoors only. Occasional outside time is permitted, on a case-by-case basis, and the turtle must be monitored at all times while outside. No overnight outside time is allowed, and no unsupervised daytime outside time is allowed.
· I further understand that I, as the listed foster caregiver, will be the ONLY person allowed to handle the turtle(s) I am fostering and that the turtle cannot be handled or viewed by other members of my household (unless listed and approved on this application) or by people visiting my home.
· I understand that I am fostering this turtle(s) only. Should it be decided that the turtle(s) in my care are not suitable for release, I understand that I, as a foster, will have the first opportunity to adopt the turtle(s) should I wish to do so.
· I further agree that fostering is a temporary arrangement, and agree to relinquish the turtle(s) immediately upon request by CMTR.
I understand that my application does not constitute a guarantee or hold of any type on a specific turtle/tortoise offered for adoption with CMTR. I understand that CMTR can require me to relinquish the turtle(s) at any time for any reason. I understand that the turtle(s) in my care as a foster will remain the ward and property of the Central MS Turtle Rescue, and I have no legal rights of ownership to the turtle(s).