The Boston Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. is pleased to offer scholarships for the upcoming academic school year.
Dear Educator/Parent/Graduating Senior:
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Boston Alumnae Chapter is pleased to offer scholarships for the upcoming academic school year. Eligible applicants must: (i) be female/male of African descent; (ii) be graduating seniors of an accredited high school and live in the Metropolitan Boston area; (iii) demonstrate a commitment to academic excellence (with a minimum GPA of 2.75); and (iv) have a demonstrated commitment to community service. The scholarships range from $1000 to $1500; however, the amount of any scholarship may increase or decrease at the discretion of the chapter.
This year, the chapter will award several scholarships, one of which will be renewable throughout four years of study at a college or university. The renewable scholarship will require the award recipient to maintain a minimum college GPA of 2.75, and to fulfill a pre-determined number of community service hours during each year of study.
In order to apply for a Boston Alumnae Chapter Scholarship, the following materials must be submitted:
1. A completed scholarship application;
2. A essay of no more than 500 words (see application for topic);
3. An official school transcript submitted by a school official
4. Two letters of recommendation addressing your academic achievement and community service involvement (one recommendation must be from a teacher or school official); and
5. A recent head shot photo no larger than 2x2 (passport size preferred).
6. Letters confirming your community service. Letters must include dates and hours of participation, a statement of the service performed including the benefit gained by your service.
Completed application documents must be uploaded/submitted no later than May 21, 2021 at 5:00 PM.
All materials submitted become the property of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Boston Alumnae Chapter and will not be returned. If you have any questions and/or concerns please email the scholarship committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org.