1- A) Transparent dressings leave on for 3-5 days. When you remove the transparent dressing it is easiest to take off in the shower. Lightly rub the edges of the film as this will cause it to roll. Just peel the bandage from one end towards the other end of the bandage. Do this as close to your skin as possible, as this will prevent any damage to the newly forming skin tissue. DO NOT pull directly away from skin.
1- B) Non adhesive bandage leave the bandage on at least until tomorrow morning and up to 24 hours from the time your tattoo was finished. When you remove the bandage it should come off easily, if not simply soak the bandage in the shower so it comes off nicely.
DO NOT open up the bandage at any time during this period to ensure no dirt gets trapped underneath it (as this can irritate your tattoo or worse). After you take off the bandage do not apply another one. Gently wash tattoo and pat dry.
2. You will need to buy a tube of the GREEN labelled Polysporin. Twice a day, wash your hands first then gently wash the tattoo with a mild, unscented soap. Make sure to use your hands as opposed to a facecloth. Pat it dry and DO NOT rub the towel over it. Apply a thin layer of Polysporin, just enough to get a glare, and rub it in gently with your finger.
3. Your tattoo may scab over, itch and peel during the week to two weeks healing process. DO NOT PICK OR SCRATCH YOUR NEW TATTOO! Expect up to a full month before the new tattoo completely heals.
4. Your first few days in the shower do not use scented soap or body wash on the tattooed area, you do not want to irritate it. Again, when you are getting out of the shower pat dry DO NOT rub the towel over your tattoo.
5. For the first month or so you will want to wear loose clothing over the tattoo that is not going to rub a lot. For the first 3 to 7 days your tattoo may leak. You may want to wear something dark in colour to prevent an imprint of your tattoo that may not wash out.
6. If your tattoo is on your ankle or leg refrain from wearing boots, nylons or socks over the tattoo for 4 weeks. You can shave your legs, just not over the tattooed area for 4 weeks. If your tattoo becomes raised (which is normal for this area) refrain from shaving until it has become flush with the surrounding skin. Use extreme care when you begin to shave this area again. Keep all beltlines, bra straps, underwear elastics, etc. off the tattoo for 4 weeks. If you do not, it will damage your tattoo.
7. If you work in an environment where dirt can get under your clothing you may bandage your tattoo for that period. Make sure to apply the bandage loosely and apply a thin layer of Polysporin over the cleaned area. Be sure to use non-stick gauze. This step is not needed if you had the Transparent dressing.
8. NO SWIMMING for 4 weeks. This includes hot tubs or baths.
9. NO SUN for 4 weeks. This includes tanning beds. Any time after the 4 week period apply SPF45 or higher to your tattoo anytime it is exposed to the sun.
You have entrusted us to tattoo you so Entrust us to Provide you with proper aftercare. Concern about your tattoo contact us immediately. If you suspect infection contact your doctor immediately as well as us!
DO NOT TAKE ADVICE FROM OTHERS!
If you have enjoyed your experience and like what we have done for you then tell the world! Please feel free to write a review on Facebook or Google + and make sure you tell all your friends.
Thank you for choosing Pushing Inc Tattoo Emporium