By submitting this application, I affirm that the facts set forth in it are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that any false statements, omissions, or other misrepresentations made by me on this application may result in an immediate termination of my status as a Pawster Nashville volunteer.
2. Ownership: I understand that if I am accepted as a Pet Chauffer, I am not the rightful owner of any pets whom I transport, and any decisions regarding the care of said pets will be made by Pawster Nashville. Any pet transported by me belongs to its owner, in the care of Pawster Nashville, and I will not adopt it to another home. I agree to transport the pet only to/from locations designated by Pawster Nashville.
3. Standard of Care: I understand that I am responsible for adhering to all Pawster Nashville standards of care and applicable local and state laws dealing with animal welfare. I will not leave any pets unattended in my vehicle for any length of time. I will not leave any pets unattended at any premises. I will not allow any unsupervised off-leash time during transport.
I agree to transport any foster cats, kittens, puppies and small dogs in a sturdy carrier. I agree to transport any foster animal(s) in an enclosed vehicle only, and I will not allow them to ride in the bed of a pickup or a convertible.
4. Medical Care: I understand that Pawster Nashville cannot and does not make any representations or warranties, either expressed or implied concerning the temperament, habits, health, pedigree, disposition, age, sex or background of this animal and that I have no right to a reimbursement of supplies or costs related to my voluntary care of the animal.
I understand that I am not authorized to seek veterinary care for foster animals without approval from Pawster Nashville staff and may be dismissed as a Pawster Nashville volunteer for doing so.
5. Separation of Foster Animals from Pets and Children: I agree to keep any pets I am transporting separate from my own pets and separate from any children.
I assume responsibility for any events that occur in connection with transporting an animal for Pawster Nashville. I understand the possibility of my children or others being bitten, scratched, or contracting disease does exist. I agree to be responsible for my children and anyone else handling any animal(s) transported by me in a safe and hygienic manner, and will not hold Pawster Nashville responsible for any injuries that may result from my failure to do so. I agree to notify a Pawster Nashville representative immediately of any bites that break the skin that occur to any person or animal while any foster animal is in my care.
Pawster Nashville shall be held harmless from and against any and all claims and damages of every kind, for injury to any person or persons and for damage to or loss of property, arising out of or attributed to, directly or indirectly, the operations or performance of the above named volunteer under this agreement, including claims and damages arising in whole or part from the negligence of Pawster Nashville. I agree to notify Pawster Nashville of any injuries to pet or human, such as illness, escapes, injuries or any concerns pertaining to any pet in my care as soon as possible.
6. Indemnification: I, as a volunteer, hereby release Pawster Nashville, its officers, agents and employees from all claims of injury or damage that a transported pet may cause me or my property. I agree to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Pawster Nashville, its boards, staff and volunteers, contract veterinarians, agents and employees from any and all claims of liability to other persons for injuries or damage arising out of or in connection with services of this program or caused to them or their property by the animal(s) I am transporting through Pawster Nashville.