The Bright Eyes program entitles qualified applicants to a free pair of prescription eyeglasses per child, per school year.
1. All dependents of Active Duty Service members, infants up to 12th grade students.
2. Sponsor & family members must be assigned to & live within the Grafenwöhr & Vilseck community.
3. Dependents must be screened and families must receive no more than $4,500 per month in Total Family Income (TFI) as defined by the CDC guidelines.
4. Dependents can only receive one credit through the Bright Eyes program within the current school year.
How it works:
1. Dependents need to have their vision screened & receive a prescription.
2. The applicant purchases a pair of prescription glasses at either the Optical Shop in the Grafenwöhr PX, a local optometrist, or a reputable online retailer.
3. The applicant will turn in this application to the BCSC within thirty (30) days of purchases, including all required documentation (copy of prescription and copy of receipt).
4. The BCSC will issue a refund of up to $100, not to exceed the purchase price, towards a pair of prescription glasses, until funds are exhausted. If the parent/guardian wants to have more expensive frames & lenses than what is offered through the Bright Eyes program, the additional cost is incurred by the parent/guardian and not the BCSC.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.