2022-2023 Membership Agreement Form
This year we will have a large group, in-person parents meeting. It will take place at the Royal Oak Church of Christ on the first day of rehearsal which is September 11th at 3 pm. During this meeting, we will share with you the plans for 2022-2023, procedures to keep everyone healthy and go over the tentative schedule.
*The flat fee for participation in the 22/23 season will be around $350.00 per member. This usually includes three mandatory camps, music folder rental, equipment costs, musical director’s salaries, administration costs, banquet at season’s end, pictorial directory, uniform shirt, and the many other costs associated with maintaining the chorus financially. All members are strongly
encouraged to participate in all activities. Additional costs include the tour, which is usually around $800. Tour is still in its planning phase.
The total fees for this year will be $1150. The exact amount will be known after our August 2022 board meeting.
*There are two options for payment: (More info will be shared at the meeting and actual fees will be known then as well.)
1. A one-time payment of $1150 that covers the annual participation fee and tour.
(payment due 10-02-2022).
2. Monthly payment option (8 payments in total):
• $300.00 - Amount for payment #1 is due by 09-23-22
• $125.00 –due by the 15th of each month from October through April (payments 2 – 8). Last payment will be $175.
For payment arrangements other than those listed above, you can speak with the Treasurer (Monty McClelland).
* If I must miss a rehearsal or concert, or will arrive late, my parent(s) will contact my board member. I understand my parent(s) will be contacted if a call has not been received before chorus starts.
* I will sing in every chorus function I attend. * I will not come to a rehearsal or performance if I am ill. If I do become ill at a chorus function, or am unable to perform for any reason, I will stay in the sick room. I also know my parents will be notified and I may be sent home.
A maximum of five (5) absences will be allowed. Exceptions to this policy will be on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the board of trustees.
Conduct * I will not bring to, or use drugs, alcohol, tobacco, vaping, or weapons at chorus functions. I will not willingly associate with people who participate in these activities while I am at chorus events. I understand that any of the above may result in my immediate dismissal from MDYC.
* I will not participate in any conduct or conversation that could be considered harassment of any kind.
* I will treat my fellow chorus members, music director(s), and the board of trustees with courtesy and respect.
* I will remain on the property of any rehearsal or concert site from arrival to dismissal of the concert/rehearsal unless permission is given by a board member.
* I will be respectful of the property of any church building or other facility hosting a chorus function. * I will not use my cell phone during rehearsals and will keep the phone put away.
* I will be reverent and participate positively during worship and devotionals.
* I will be attentive and cooperative during rehearsals and announcements.
* I will perform to the best of my ability.
* If I disagree with my treatment, I will respectfully raise the issue with any member of the board of trustees.
I will make adjustments to my appearance if requested by a member of the board of trustees or the music director(s). I will meet all standards of dress as outlined in this packet.
The 2022-2023 chorus uniform will be Choral Robes. Sizes will be determined at rehearsals.
* The required uniform for underneath the robe is: Black dress pants that go over & cover shoes, MDYC t-shirt, black socks, and solid black shoes. Chorus members provide the uniform to be worn under the robes (with the exception of the t-shirt). Moccasins and slippers are not acceptable. Please see board member if you have any questions.
The purpose of the dress code is to maintain uniformity among the members as well as appropriate dress as we strive to not bring attention to ourselves but to bring glory to God.
Practice Season: During the practice season you are not required to wear your uniform.
Types of clothing/accessories that are not allowed: If you have any questions please contact one of the board members assigned to the dress code (Eric Campbell and Laura King.)
*Yoga Pants; Leggings
*Stretch pants/tight pants/Pajama bottoms
(However loose sweat pants, fleece & flannel pants are acceptable)
*Racerback tank tops
*Tank Tops that have less than 2 finger width straps
*Pants with writing on the seat
*Clothing with inappropriate writing or design
*Shirts that show mid section
*Shorts with inseam that is shorter than 5 inches
*Jeans with rips above the 5 inch inseam
*Any clothing that is deemed inappropriate by the board.
Concert Season: Solid black shoes with no open toes or heels. Moccasins and slippers are not allowed. Black socks, black dress pants that go over and cover the shoe, and chorus t-shirt. Belts must be plain black. Concert t-shirts must be tucked in during concert. Visible tattoos may need to be covered at the discretion of the board members.
* Hair and facial hair must be well groomed and presentable. Hair must be kept out of your eyes. * Accessories that are distracting must be removed, covered, or tucked in.
DURING CONCERT SEASON, MEMBERS MUST STAY IN UNIFORM FROM ARRIVAL
THROUGH DEPARTURE FROM CONCERT SITE.
Camps: During our day camps the dress code is more relaxed so you may wear sweats and slippers. You will want to be comfortable.
Tour: When we are on tour our dress code will be the same as during our practice season.
There will also be more information given to you as tour approaches.
OTC (Over The Counter Meds)
MDYC carries a medical bag with over the counter (OTC) medications to take care of any non-emergency needs of the chorus members.
·This bag contains the following items that you have given us permission to administer your child: Motrin, Tylenol, Tums, Loratadine, (Claritin), Zyrtec, Benadryl, Dramamine, Bonine, and Bandages
The MDYC board has looked at different ways to handle medication distribution with the safety of the members as a top priority, as it has always been. We have determined that the best way to do this is to have all medications distributed by MDYC board members. This includes all OTC
At camp and on tour, your child will be required to turn in all medications. If your child takes prescription or OTC meds on a daily basis, we are asking that you put them in a Ziploc bag and ensure that their name is clearly print on both the bag and the packaging. We ask that all medications be left in the original bottles/packaging when given to us.
In order for us to keep a correct log of all medications given throughout the season we ask that you do not send any OTC meds with your child/children. If they are in need of any OTC medications, we will have them available. If they happen to carry it on them daily and forget to leave it at home, we ask that they do not take the OTC medications that they have brought with
them. Also, we ask that you have a conversation with your child/children that they not share medications with any other member. This can be very dangerous and we want to keep our
If I do not conform to the terms of this membership packet at any time, I understand I may be asked to remain in a designated room for the remainder of a rehearsal or a concert. I may also be sent home (with parent notification). This time will be counted as an absence.
Extended, documented refusal to comply with any or all of the terms in this membership packet may result in my dismissal from MDYC.