The Jaxson William Augustus Swank Foundation (JWAS) has begun accepting applications for the 2024 Jaxson Scholarship recipient. Children between the ages of 2.5 and 5 years are eligible to apply for the 2024-2025 school year.
Eligibility includes the following:
- The applicant must be between the ages of 2.5 to 5-years-old (entering pre-school or kindergarten for the 2024-2025 school year).
- The child must show readiness to be in a primary environment (ability to follow direction, accept a gentle no, be potty trained, etc.).
- Families must qualify within our income guidelines of at or below 250% of the federal poverty level ($75,000 for a family of 4).
- While families need not reside in St. Joseph County (IN), all Jaxson Scholars are expected to enroll at a local school in the area.
- Jaxson Scholars and JWAS Families are expected to attend at least 75% (8 of 10) of our annual character and leadership development programming each year.
- Families must be actively engaged at their child’s school and in their learning progress. Families are expected to be sound moral examples of character while serving our community at large.
- Background checks will be run on the parents/guardians of the finalist applicants.
- I hereby declare that the information provided is true and correct. I also understand that any willful dishonesty may render for refusal of this applicaiton.
The mission of the Jaxson William Augustus Swank Foundation is to perpetuate Jaxson's loving memory by providing financial assistance to deserving individuals from preschool through college and to support each recipient in achieving their potential to obtain academic distinction while developing good moral character as future leaders. The Jaxson William Augustus Swank Foundation helps eligible families pay for academic tuition for their child from preschool through college.
To be considered for the 2024-2025 school year, applications must be completed by the deadline, Monday, October 30, 2023. Submitting an application does not guarantee acceptance as a Jaxson Scholar. The JWAS selection committees determine a child's acceptance into our Jaxson Scholarship program. Finalists will participate in a family playdate and possible family interview for the child applying for the scholarship. JWAS will notify the applicants of their application status no later than December 1, 2023. If selected, the applicant and the family must apply to the chosen school and complete the FACTS (financial aid) agreement no later than February 15, 2024 and be formally accepted by JWAS Foundation as a Jaxson Scholar.
For more information about JWAS and our Jaxson Scholar application process, please contact our Executive Director, Jeanie Shuck, at 888.915.4755 or email@example.com.