Eligibility Requirements for Child Care Assistance
For this application to be complete you must submit a Child Care Contract that can be attached to this application or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible for child care assistance, you must be one or more of the following (for definitions see 20 U.S.C. 2302 and 29 U.S.C. 3102):
- an individual with disabilities,
- an individual from economically disadvantaged or low-income families
- an individual preparing for non-traditional fields
- a single parent, including a single pregnant woman
- out-of-workforce individual
- an English learner
- a homeless individual
- an individual who is in, or has aged out of, the foster care system
- an individual with a parent who is a member of the armed forces and is on active duty
You must also meet the following requirements:
- Use a licensed childcare center.
- Be a full-time career-technical student at Panola College (exceptions may be made for students enrolled in clinical hours).
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 grade point average and have regular attendance.
- Complete the FAFSA for the current academic year.
- Participate in free tutoring opportunities if your grade is below a 65 at mid-semester.