WELCOME TO ST. ANSELM ADULT CONFIRMATION!
1. PARISH REGISTRATION: To take a class or session or receive a sacrament you MUST be registered with St. Anselm Parish. Complete the online Parish registration at the following link: New Parishioner Registration Form
2. SPELLING IS IMPORTANT: Please do not use all caps to complete this registration and before submitting registration. Recheck the spelling of your personal information. The information you submit is used to create attendance sheets, programs, certificates, and notifications in the recording your sacrament.
3. DOCUMENTATION: Please have copies of your Catholic Baptism, First Communion and/or Profession of Faith (if applicable) certificates available before you begin registration, as they contain information, you'll need to complete your registration. If you need to acquire these documents, please call your Church of Catholic Baptism (Sacraments/Records Dept.) and request a copy of your Catholic Baptism Certificate with “Notations”. The “Notations” are the recordings of each Sacrament you've received following your Catholic Baptism. Allow 7-10 business days to receive documents from the church office.
*You will have the option do submit copies of your Catholic Baptism, First Communion, and/or Profession of Faith (if applicable) certificates within this Registration Form if you choose to do so. *
4. CONFIRMATION "SAINT NAME": Your "Saint Name" must be submitted before the first class. These websites will help the candidate make their "Saint name" selection:
5. CHOOSE YOUR SPONSOR: A Sponsor must be a "Confirmed" catholic at least 16 years old, in good catholic standing, and attending Mass regularly. If married, the Sponsor must be in a marriage recognized as a valid sacramental marriage by the Catholic Church. Persons may not be cohabiting or living together without marriage. May not be a parent by birth or adoption.
Your sponsor must complete the Sponsor Sacramental History & Testimonial Form.
6. REHEARSAL DATE & TIMES: Confirmation Rehearsal will take place on Sunday, October 4, 2020, from 6:00 - 7:30 pm and/or Sunday, October 11, 2020, from 6:00 - 7:30 pm. It is mandatory for candidates and sponsors.
7. SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION: The Sacrament of Reconciliation (Confession) is required to prepare your heart and soul to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation. On Mon, October 12, 2020, we will offer Reconciliation from 6:00 pm-7:30 pm for all Candidates.
You may receive the Sacraments of Confession and Penance at the Parish of your choice. St. Anselm's weekly Reconciliation schedule is Saturday's 3:00 pm-3:40 pm or contact our Parish Office for a private Confession with a priest.
8. CONFIRMATION MASS: Confirmation will be held on October 17, 2020. We will have a 9:00 am Mass and Noon Mass. At this time, we have over 140 candidates to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation. You will only need to attend ONE.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach ours to our PSR office at 985-845-7342 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.