Privacy of your personal information is an important part of our office's providing you with quality dental care. We understand the importance of protecting your personal information and we are committed to collecting, using, and disclosing your personal information in a responsible manner. We try to be as transparent as possible about the way we handle your personal information in this office; Dr. Yasmin Monemdjou acts as the Information Privacy Officer.
All staff members who come into contact with your personal information are aware of its sensitive nature and are all tarined in appropriate use and protection thereof.
Following this, you will see an outline of what do to ensure that:
- Only necessary information is collected about your;
- Your information is only shared with your consent;
- Storage, retention, and destruction of your information complies with all existing legislation and privacy protection protocols;
- Our privacy protocols comply with privacy legislation, standards of our regulatory body (the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario), and the law.
Do not hesitate to discuss our policies with the Information Privacy Officer or any other membewr of our staff. Please be assured that all employees are committed to ensuring that you receive the best quality dental care.
Please see the outline of our information protection policies below:
- Our data will only be collected to:
- deliver safe and efficient patient care,
- identify and ensure continuous high quality service,
- assess your health needs,
- provide you health care,
- advise you of treatment options,
- enable us to contact you,
- establish and maintain communication with you,
- offer and provide treatment, care, and services in relationship to the oral and maxillofacial complex and dental care generally,
- communicate with other treating healthcare providers, including specialists and general dentists who are the referring dentist and/or peripheral dentist,
- allow us to follow-up on treatment, care, and billing,
- teach other members of the profession on an anonymous basis,
- complete and submit dental claims for third-party adjudication and payment, either by mail or electronically,
- comply with legal and regulatory requirements, including the delivery of patients' charts and records to the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario for regulatory and monitoring purposes
- permit potential purchasers, practice brokers, or advisors to evaluate the dental practice,
- deliver charts and records to the dentist's insurance carrier to enable the company to assess liability and quantify damages, if any,
- prepare materials for Health Professions Appeal and Review Board (HPARB),
- invoice for goods and services,
- process credit card payments,
- collect unpaid accounts, and
- comply with the law and regulatory requirements in general.
By signing the consent section of this Patient Consent Form, you agree that you are giving your informed consent to the collection, use, and/or disclosure of your poersonal information for any of the reasons listed above. If a new purpose arises for such dissemination we will seek your approval in advance.