1. As used herein the word "I" refers to each parent or guardian signing this contract. The obligation of each person signing this contract is joint and several. In construing this contract, the singular shall imply the plural and vice versa. CIMC, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as IvyCrest Montessori Private School), as used in this Contract shall refer to the school.
2. I understand that a non-refundable Application Fee along with the tuition due, as indicated in the New Enrollee Tuition and Fee Contract, is required for all new and returning students and must be submitted with this contract in order for my child to be enrolled.
3. I understand that IvyCrest Montessori is a year-round school and I am responsible to pay for annual tuition in twelve (12) monthly equal payments. Tuition and fees are customarily set August of each school year (12 months – August to July). When tuition or other fee rates change, a two-month written notice will be given by posting and/or email. I also understand that there is no tuition credit for holidays, illness, vacation or absences throughout the school year.
4. I am aware that I must give a two-month written notice of any changes in schedule or withdrawal. I understand that if I wish to change my child’s program schedule, I may do so only if an opening for the program is available. I also understand that I will be responsible to have my child continue in his/her current program until the change becomes available. In the event of withdrawal from IvyCrest Montessori, I am aware that I am responsible for the full payment of the two-month written notice (two month’s tuition). If my child is enrolled in Rooms 4-11, I understand that any withdrawal after March 1st of any school year, I will be responsible for the monthly tuition until May 31st. There is no refund or prorating of the monthly tuition for mid-month withdrawals.
5. I acknowledge that, in order to meet operating expenses and maintain school facilities, IvyCrest Montessori must be assured, in advance, of its required annual budget for staff, materials, events, activities, supplies and equipment. Therefore, I promise to pay and agree for my account to be automatically charged a non-refundable Annual Student Fee for the following school year (August to July) on March 1st. I am also aware that there is no refund or prorating of the Annual Student Fee if I failed to submit a written notice of withdrawal on or before March 1st.
6. I understand children must be checked in and out of school by a parent/guardian and provide a legible signature to comply with state licensing requirements. IvyCrest uses the Procare Connect app as our contactless check-in system in order to adhere to the state requirements and assist IvyCrest administration with attendance and classroom ratios. In the event of failure to check in/out, IvyCrest personnel will do so for me, and a $5.00 penalty will be assessed.
7. I am aware that Recess Care is available for a nominal fee during a portion of winter break, spring break, thanksgiving break, and certain holidays during which the school may be closed. To hold Recess Care, a minimum number of children must be signed up. Minimums are posted on the sign-up sheet. Fees for all extracurricular classes/events must be paid before the child can be accepted to attend. The student may not participate in school activities including, but not limited to, field trips, shows, programs etc. and additional charges including, but not limited to, lunch, school t-shirts, etc. will not be available unless the account is current.
8. I am aware the monthly payments are due on the 20th of each month prior to the month being attended. I authorize IvyCrest Montessori Private School to initiate charges against my credit card account OR, Checking or Savings Account for my child’s tuition and fees on the 20th of each month. In the event that the due date (20th of each month) falls on a Holiday or weekend, IvyCrest Montessori will initiate charges the day before. I understand and agree that a $35.00 Non-Sufficient Fund (NSF) Fee can occur when I don't have enough money in our checking or savings account to cover the entire transaction. I also understand and agree that a $35.00 reprocessing Fee will be charged on my account if my credit card is declined. A late fee of $100.00 per month will be assessed if not paid by the 25th of each month, and if not paid by the end of the month, my child’s attendance will be interrupted until the account is paid current. Families enrolled in government programs will be responsible for any balance left unpaid on account by the agency. I understand that the school records of my child will not be released until my account is paid in full.
9. I understand that IvyCrest Montessori’s duties and obligations under this Contract shall be suspended immediately without notice during all periods that the school is closed because of force majeure events including, but not limited to, any fire, earthquake, act of God, weather disaster, war, governmental action, act of terrorism, lock outs, epidemic, pandemic, natural disaster or any other event beyond IvyCrest Montessori’s control. If such an event occurs, IvyCrest Montessori’s duties and obligations in this contract will be postponed until such time as IvyCrest Montessori, in its sole discretion, may safely re-open. In the event that the school cannot re-open due to an event under this clause, IvyCrest Montessori shall not be considered in breach of contract and shall not be under the obligation to credit or refund any portion of the tuition owed or paid.
10. I understand that IvyCrest Montessori may terminate enrollment of my child and start collection proceedings if an outstanding balance remains unpaid and attains delinquent status. I understand and agree that I will be held responsible for all costs, expenses, and interest at the current legal rate, including but not limited to, attorney fees, collection agency fees and court costs incurred by IvyCrest Montessori in order to remedy any breach of this contract.
11. I understand that by enrolling my child at IvyCrest Montessori, I give consent for my child to be photographed and/or filmed, and waive any right to approve the finished product or accompanying copy if they were to be used for marketing and operational purposes, including but not limited to, online and offline newsletters, advertising, brochures, websites, social media, yearbook and newspaper or magazine articles. Any such photographs or films shall be the sole property of IvyCrest Montessori.
12. I agree to furnish all enrollment forms and contracts, proof of current immunizations, medical information and all emergency forms required by the Department of Social Services and the school before the first day of class. I understand that failure to do so may result in an interruption in my child’s attendance without any reduction in fees.
13. I understand and agree that there are specific areas of legitimate parental concern. These include my child's course work, academic progress, behavior, and physical safety. I may feel free at any time to discuss these issues with the school administration. I further understand that there are areas of school policy which are not subject to my control, including personnel hiring and termination, personnel contractual issues, and other policies and procedures established by the administration.
14. I understand and agree that IvyCrest Montessori reserves the right to review the parent's relationship with the school and to set reasonable conditions for access to the school. I am aware that the school has no obligation or authority to enforce custody or parent visitation issues without court documents to support it, and that the school reserves the right to contact the appropriate authorities should disputes of this type arise. I am also aware that in the event of marital separation agreement, I am responsible in providing a current copy of the court order. I further agree to hold the school harmless for any contact related thereto.
15. I agree and consent to my child’s participation at IvyCrest Montessori and do assume all risks and hazards which are conducted as part of the associated activities. I hereby release, absolve, indemnify, and hold blameless IvyCrest Montessori, its officers, directors, employees, contracted employees, independent contractors, instructors, agents, organizers, and volunteers of any and all liability for damage, injury, or expense of any kind arising out of or connected with my child’s enrollment at IvyCrest Montessori. I understand that in case of a medical emergency, my own personal medical plan will be used if available; if not, medical aid may be sought while I am being contacted. In the event of any illness or injury, I hereby consent to whatever examination, diagnosis, or treatment and the hospital care from a licensed dentist, physician, and/or surgeon as deemed necessary for my child’s safety and welfare. I understand that the resulting expenses will be my responsibility and not that of IvyCrest Montessori, or any affiliates.
16. In the event that my child requires emergency medical care, I grant permission for the school to transport my child to the nearest source of emergency services as stated on the Consent for Emergency Medical Treatment statement included on the Application Form.
17. I understand and agree to abide by the policies and procedures as set forth in the IvyCrest Parent Handbook; including the parent code of conduct and/or changes or revisions to school policies as posted on our website. I am aware that the school must follow strict policies regarding health and safety regulations, Department of Education, and the Department of Social Services. I understand that policies and procedures are subject to change and agree that it is my responsibility to stay informed through reading the monthly newsletter, “The Vine,” and parent bulletin boards.
18. I understand that the terms of the written “Parking Policies and Procedures” are incorporated into this Contract. I agree to comply with all rules, requirements, and procedures stated herein. I further acknowledge that I am responsible for the failure of any person visiting the school on my behalf or to otherwise pick up or deliver my child/children to comply with its terms. I understand that the school may elect to terminate this contract and the enrollment of my child/children for any failure or refusal to comply with these terms.
I, the undersigned, understand that by signing this contract, I am enrolling my child in CIMC, Inc. dba IvyCrest Montessori Private School and agree to pay tuition and other fees due in the manner set forth in this contract. The terms of this contract as may be modified and amended by IvyCrest Montessori Private School sent to the electronic mail address IvyCrest Montessori Private School has on file for the undersigned will remain in full force and effect as long as the parent/guardian signatory’s child is enrolled with the school. I also understand that it is my responsibility to immediately inform IvyCrest Montessori Private School of any changes on my electronic mail address on file. I have read and agree to all terms and conditions listed on this entire contract and the school’s Parent Handbook. (Please make sure you have read this contract carefully, and initialed and signed where indicated.)