My desire is to instill in each student a love for music. I plan to do this by creating an encouraging and fun atmosphere, developing each individual’s talents and abilities through games and activities, and giving opportunities for students to learn and grow at their own pace. Every student learns differently. I observe how each one thinks and operates in order to create a successful, individualized learning experience!
Piano Lesson Content:
- Thirty-minute piano lessons weekly
- We will be studying musical creativity through listening and composition, theory, playing with lead sheets, sight-reading, and basic music literature. Each lesson will be catered to the individual student’s goals and desires.
- Each student is required to pay for their own piano books and is responsible to bring them to each lesson.
- I require all students to practice consistently throughout each week. If a student continually lacks the discipline to practice, I have full ability to let go of that student. It is my desire to teach people who are committed to advancing their musical training.
- Because every student learns differently and at differing paces, it is my goal to sculpt each student’s learning experience to meet their needs. Weekly practice requirements will differ with each student based upon age and level of understanding. This will be discussed within the first couple of lessons.
- I have created lesson sheets that every student will need to bring back to each lesson.
Tuition for the 1st and 2nd term covers 17 weekly private lessons each. During the summer, tuition includes up to 8 private lessons. Tuition also includes the other supplementary items listed below:
- Thirty-minute private piano lessons with an individualized plan per student
- Teacher pre-lesson preparation and continued education/training
- Awards, stickers, and prizes
- 1 Spring Recital (preparation, programs, refreshments, etc.).
- Studio expenses (copying, tunings, repairs, electronic use).
Tuition is billed per studio year (34 weeks total) and divided into 2 terms. Summer lessons are optional and paid by the week.
Payments can be made online, by cash, or check payable to Cheyenne Olson.
- 1st Term: August-December (17 weeks)
- 2nd Term: January-May (17 weeks)
- *Optional Summer Lessons: June-July (8 weeks available)*
Summer lessons are optional. This is to help you navigate family vacations, summer events, parties, etc.! It is $30 per week and you will be charged at the beginning of June and July for the weeks you choose to take lessons.
There is a ONE time new student registration fee for $25. I have a waiting list and this payment reserves your piano lesson time slot and will need to be paid upfront as soon as you sign up for piano lessons.
- Monthly Payments: $100 (August-May)
- Since your monthly tuition is divided equally for the whole studio year, it will always stay the same regardless of whether it is a longer or shorter month of lessons.
- Tuition statements are sent via email by the 25th of the month, and are due by the 1st lesson of the following month.
- Full Term Payments: must pay the full cost by the 1st lesson of each term.
- 1st Term Payment: $500
- 2nd Term Payment: $500
- There are 3 ways to pay:
- Check (payable to Cheyenne Olson)
- Online Payment (Zelle, Venmo, or PayPal)
Missed Lessons, Make-Ups, and Refunds:
- If a student is late for his/her 30-minute lesson time period, they are still required to pay for the full-length piano lesson.
- If a student misses a lesson, there will be no refund or make-up lesson available.
- If a student is unable to make it to a lesson due to bad weather or sickness, an online lesson will be available during the normal lesson time slot.
- I follow the local school’s weather cancellations. I will contact you the morning of your lesson to let you know if there will be an in-person lesson cancellation. I will instead provide an online lesson during your normal lesson time period.
- It is the parent’s responsibility to notify the teacher as soon as possible that he or she is canceling a lesson for the child.
- If a lesson needs to be cancelled due to sickness, I need a 2-hour notice to prepare for an online lesson. If you do not let me know 2 hours in advance, I am unable to provide an online lesson for the student.
- If you decide to discontinue your child’s piano lessons, you will not receive a refund for any installment that has already been paid for (whether you chose the monthly payment plan or the full-term payment plan).
Photos and videos of students may be posted online on Cheyenne’s Piano Studio Facebook and Instagram page. Parents wishing to exempt their students from any published media may do so by providing a written exclusion request.
I have read, understood, and agree to abide by the piano lesson policies above for my child. I also understand that I am responsible to pay for piano lessons on their due date. If I continue to miss the payment deadline for three consecutive weeks, Mrs. Cheyenne will begin looking for another student to fill my child’s piano lesson slot.