TO: REACHING STRIDES EQUESTRIAN CENTRE (Referred to in this agreement as the "Provider")
AND TO: ALL PROPERTY OWNERS (PRIVATE, FEDERAL, PROVINCIAL, REGIONAL AND MUNICIPAL) AND ANY AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, REPRESENTITIVES, VOLUNTEERS AND THE OWNERS OF REACHING STRIDES EQUESTRIAN CENTRE(NADINE BOLLIG & ROBERT MORRISON) OR THE REACHING STRIDES HUNTER JUMPER CLUB
On my behalf, and on behalf of any minor children, or my horse(s) participating in these activities, for whom I am legally responsible, I agree to the following:
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS
I am aware and understand that activities involving these horses involve many risks, dangers and hazards, including, but not limited to the following:
- Horses, which are powerful and potentially dangerous animals, may change their behavior at any time and may, without warning, jump, run wildly, buck, kick, bite, or step on people or things;
- Horses may collide with other horses or objects or trip, stumble or fall even if being led, ridden or driven, or attended to;
- Negligence (which means, in general terms, a failure to exercise ordinary or proper care) of other riders or drivers my or my child's own failure to ride safely, within my or my child's ability or within designated areas and trails;
- Equipment may fail; I also agree to waive any claims should there be damage to my own or my child’s equipment.
- Weather conditions can change and can sometimes be dangerous;
- The nature of the terrain can change and has certain risks associated with it including, but not limited to, exposed natural objects, trees, streams and creeks;
- The activities can sometimes be in remote areas and injuries or illness may occur and it may be a considerable distance to doctors, hospitals, or any other type of assistance; and
- Negligence on the part of A PROPERTY OWNER AND/OR THE PROVIDER OR THEIR STAFF. I am also aware that the risks, dangers and hazards referred to above exist throughout the trail, stable, practice and other areas and many are unmarked. I understand and acknowledge that no amount of caution, experience or instruction can eliminate all of the risks involved and I freely accept and fully assume all such risks, dangers and hazards and the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage and damages or loss resulting there from.
- If using my own horse(s), I agree and understand that I fully assume responsibility should there be injury, to me or my horse (be they minor or serious even resulting in death) to me or my horse while participating in these dangerous, horseback riding/driving activities.