We are so excited that you are interested in joining NSL's Student Leadership Team(SLT).
The Student Leadership Team in NSL is nothing but a bunch of ordinary students rising up to serve their church, school and community – creating an NSL culture where students are welcomed and where they can encounter Jesus.
We are committed to living out Matthew 20:25-26 which says "But Jesus called them together and said, "You know that the rulers in this world lord it over their people, and officials flaunt their authority over those under them. 26 But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant." In student leadership, we will lead by serving.
1. We expect you to be pursuing growth in your relationship with Christ.
2. We expect you to regularly attend and actively participate in an NSL Small Group.
3. We expect you to be serving in some ministry within Northwood Church.
4. We expect you to attend SLT meetings once a month. Missing more than one out of four meetings may result in you being asked to step down, depending on the excuse of absence.
5. We expect you to participate in our weekly meetings and complete the take-home exercise/reading/work required.
6. We expect you to bring your Bible and journal to every meeting.
7. We expect you to attend NSL Wednesdays and Sundays consistently.
8. We expect you to understand that you are held to a higher standard, and remaining open to correction/accountability from NSL leaders regarding your actions, words, social media usage, clothing, etc is a part of helping you understand the importance of the standard.
We understand that leading this way is a learning process. We want you to know that we are committed to helping you grow as a leader, who serves their family, church, school, and community.