I hereby release The Clinton House Plantation, their officers, directors, members, and their agents and employees from any liability, loss, damage, costs, claims and/or causes of actions, including but not limited to all bodily and personal injuries and death and property damage arising out of my participation in ANY Clinton House Plantation activity including injuries and accidents which occur on lakes/waterways, third-party facilities, and vehicle accidents while transporting members to and from activities. I specifically understand that said activities may include the operation and use by the undersigned and/or others of firearms and ammunition or archery equipment. This Release is given on behalf of me, my heirs, successors, executors, administrators and assigns.
Furthermore, I understand that these risks, hazards, and dangers include without limitation:
1) The risk of handling firearms and being near others that have firearms in their possession.
2) The risk of injury from ammunition and shot from other guns or weapons.
3) The risk of exposure to hazardous materials, including, but not limited to, lead and mercury and other hazardous materials that may be present and inherent with the firing of ammunition.
4) Walking, riding or boating including encounters with wildlife, animals, and insects.
5) Inclement weather conditions.
6) The risk of injury from riding on an all-terrain vehicle (ATV) or any vehicle used.
7) The risk of injury while being transported to and from activities.
8) The risk of drowning or injury from riding in boats on or near water.
9) The risk of injury while using fishing equipment or other tools.
10) The risk of injury from the use of props, structures, clay throwers, and any other edifice that may be used at shooting ranges.
I understand the risks, hazards, and danger of shooting and have had the opportunity to discuss them with The Clinton House Plantation and/or officers. I understand that these activities may require good physical conditioning and a degree of skill and knowledge, and, I believe that I have the physical conditioningskill and knowledge necessary for me to engage in these activities safely.
Furthermore, I acknowledge that: a) I understand that I have responsibilities, too. Prior to actual handling or use of any handgun, rifle, shotgun or archery equipment, I have been trained on the use of all such firearms and equipment to be used in the activity, including but not limited to firearms to be used in any safety or training course, and fully understand their use and function. I have been provided with and have read the manufacturer's instructions included with each such item. I understand that there are inherent and other risks involved in the use of firearms, ammunition, archery equipment and related items (for example target launchers and clay targets) in shooting and I freely and voluntarily assume and accept those risks.
b) I hereby release The Clinton House Plantation, and their officers, directors, members, and their agents and employees from any and all liability for bodily and personal injury, death or property damage to myself or to any person or property resulting from the design, selection, installation, maintenance, adjustment, supervision or use of affiliated facilities and/or the equipment used or provided by others in such activities, including but not limited to any claim based upon negligence, breach of warranty, contract or other legal theory. I accept and assume for myself, my heirs and assigns, the full responsibility for any and all such damage, injury or death that may result.
This agreement is governed by the applicable law of South Carolina. If any part of this agreement is determined to be unenforceable, all other parts shall be given full force and effect.