CONTINUOUS PARENT COMMUNICATION SYSTEM
SCCDT uses a "green, yellow, red" system of continuous parent communicating regarding the status of classes which can be found in the top right-hand corner of our website and social media. Green indicates to attend face-to-face classes as usual. Yellow indicates a cautionary change to service delivery, so please check your email. Red indicates clients should stay home and attend class online.
In the case that SCCDT's Family Communication Status is RED and students are instructed to stay at home, we can automatically turn on our Virtual Studio. Learning Platform. This was initially designed to accommodate online learning when COVID-19 hit and will continue to be used for anything from, inclement weather, flooding, or any other state of emergency. This is designed for your convenience so that in the case that we are unable to meet in the studio, we can easily transfer your dance lessons to an online platform. You will have access to links that will direct you to a virtual classroom that is run by your teacher.
SCCDT works to keep you informed and up to date on regular studio happenings:
· Email Newsletters and Email
· Join our the NEW SCCDT Parent & Student Community on Team APP to connect with faculty and families
Please make every effort to read the updates and keep your Email addresses current.
Questions - We are happy to answer any questions you may have regarding your dancer or our programs. Let us know if we can help you in any way
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
In the event of inclement weather, an email and Team APP message will be made by 2pm if classes are canceled (by 8am for morning classes). Please note that we do not necessarily follow school closings as roads are often cleared by the time studio classes begin. Notification will be made on how to make up any canceled classes. Examples for making up classes would include taking classes virtually, in person (as space allows) or pre-recorded classes.
LOST AND FOUND AND SECURITY
A lost and found basket is located in the girls' dressing room. Please check the lost and found basket regularly as all lost and found items are donated to charity each month.
Security cameras are located in public areas for safety and security. SCCDT does not make security or video data available to students or parents.
SCCDT is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Please do not leave belongings unattended.
All classes are invited to participate in a Christmas performance experience.
*This year's plans are still in the works and will be announced soon. These are approximate fees to plan for your budget:
*Tutus & Tippy Toes Christmas Experience: $10.00
*All other classes Christmas Experience:
*1st Class: $52.00 Each additional class: $20.00
*Tickets vary in price: $10.00-$15.00
This special recital on May 15th gives our youngest dancers a fun and "just for them" experience where their loved ones can cheer and encourage the progress made over the year.
· Junior Recital Fee: $30.00 - due March 1
This year's spring production will be held at the KOGER Center. April 28 - May 1st
Special requests to adjust rehearsal and recital times are accepted until Jan 30
· Production fee per dancer: $52.00 - broken into 3 payments over Jan - March 2021
(includes venue rental, live action pictures and HD video recording)
· Tickets vary in price: $20.00-$40.00 and will be available for purchase through a ticketing service in Feb/March (date TBA)
Costumes for each class:
Primary & Building Level Costumes: $79.00+tax
Graded Level Costumes $89.00+tax
Payment for costumes are broken into 3 payments over Oct - Dec 2020.
Costumes will not be ordered unless payment is received in full.
Costumes are ordered in November and December.
CARE OF STUDENTS
SCCDT is not responsible for providing before or after class care for students. Please be on time to pick up your child. Students are not to be left at the school for excessive time periods before or after their classes.
Signing this policy page informs us that you have read, understand and agree to abide by these policies.
• I have read and agree to abide by South Carolina Christian Dance Theater, LLC's (herein SCCDT) policies regarding tuition, membership fees, auto-renewal, service delivery, late charges, refunds, costumes fees, attendance, and dance attire.
• I understand that SCCDT reserves the right to refuse instruction to anyone not abiding by SCCDT policies.
• I understand that SCCDT reserves the right to cancel a semi-private class if enrollment falls below four students and to convert a traditional group class to a semi-private class if enrollment falls below seven students per class.
• I understand that SCCDT is not responsible for lost items, stolen items, or unclaimed merchandise.
• I understand that participation in a dance program involves risk of possible injury and/or illness. I understand that SCCDT and its staff will not be held responsible for injuries or illness sustained in class, in rehearsals, while performing, or traveling to or from its facilities.
• I understand that I assume full financial responsibility for risks of personal and bodily injury and/or illness that may be sustained in class, while performing, or traveling to or its facilities.
I have and will maintain, at my expense, sufficient health insurance and other types of medical payments to cover the cost of any personal and bodily injury and/or illness may be sustained in class, in rehearsals, while performing, or traveling to or from its facilities.
• I release SCCDT and its managers, instructors, employees, agents, associations, related companies, successors and assigns, from liability for all personal and bodily injury and/or illness that may be sustained in class, in rehearsals, while performing, or traveling to or from its facilities. I specifically intend this release to include all claims that my child and I might have based on actual or alleged negligent supervision, instruction, training, and or facility care and cleaning.
· There exists a risk of the spread of COVID-19 (or any other sickness/virus) in any group, social setting, public setting, location or event. Presence on the SCCDT property/campus could increase your risk of contracting COVID-19 (or any other sickness/virus). SCCDT disclaims any liability for exposure to COVID-19 (or any other sickness/virus) and by your entry or presence on SCCDT’s campus or property, you voluntarily assume all risks and agree you will not hold SCCDT or its related parties liable for any resulting illness or injury.