Physical Capability Requirements
Participation in a Speed Hound Recovery Boots Compression Therapy session involves exposure to vasopneumatic compression for a short period of time. During the compression therapy session, an assistant will be available during the entire duration of your session. Additionally, you are free to terminate treatment at any time.
Speed Hound Compression Therapy is contraindicated for patients with: acute deep vein thrombosis, severe atherosclerosis or other ischemic vascular diseases, suspect or known acute deep vein thrombosis, severe congestive cardiac failure, existing pulmonary edema, existing pulmonary embolism, extreme deformity of the limbs, any local skin or tissue condition which the garments would interfere with such as gangrene, untreated or infected wounds, recent skin graft, and dermatitis; known presence of malignancy in the legs; limb infections, including cellulitis, that have not received antibiotic coverage; presence of lymphangiosarcoma.
LIABILITY AND MEDICAL RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT
In consideration of being permitted by West Trail Wellness and Massage, LLC to participate in their services, I hereby waive any and all claims and damages for personal injury or death which may occur as a result of my participation. I understand and agree that:
1. This release is intended to discharge in advance West Trail Wellness and Massage, LLC, its officers, officials, employees, agents and volunteers from and against all liability arising out of or connected in any way with my participation in these activities;
2. Participation may involve risk of injury and may result not only as a result of my actions, negligence or inaction, but also from the action, negligence or inaction of others, including their owners, officers officials employees, or volunteers and may result from the conditions of the facilities, equipment, or areas where such activities are being conducted;
3. Knowing the risks involved and the contraindications related, I nevertheless chose voluntarily to request permission to participate;
4. I will indemnify and hold harmless West Trail Wellness and Massage, LLC, its owners, officers, officials, employees and volunteers from any loss, liability, damage, cost or expense, including litigation of any form, arising out of or connected in any manner with my participation in such activities;
5. I am in good health and have no physical condition expressed in the ‘Contraindications’ or otherwise which would preclude me from safely participating in such activities;
6. I understand and agree that this release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted under the law of the State in which it is executed and that if any portion of this Hold Harmless, Release and Indemnification Agreement should be determined to be invalid, it is my intent that the remaining provisions shall continue in full force and effect.