ABTA member clubs must meet the following criteria before reopening:
1.Designate a COVID-19 Safety Coordinator(s):
This individual will be your key resource and central point of contact for all COVID-19 related matters for your club. The safety coordinator will be responsible for such areas as:
• Familiarizing themselves with the guidelines in this document and overseeing their implementation.
• Liaising with your club volunteers; educating and communicating correct protocols.
• Liaising with ABTA staff to answer question and stay abreast of any updates to protocols.
• Proofing/providing feedback on all materials related to COVID-19 before being published to your members.
• Periodically reviewing the club’s plans to ensure all protocols are being followed.
• Keep up to date on the ever-changing government documents.
• Serve as your club’s contact person for any COVID-19 related matters.
2. Develop a Return to Train Plan: All actions must meet or exceed those listed in this document. Fulfilling the checklist requirements in this document and providing a signed copy to ABTA will also be accepted as a club’s Return to Train Plan.
Examples of what should be included in your Club Return To Train Plan:
* Current safety/health protocols from the facility you are using for classes
* List of locations for classes
* Class lists and membership numbers (to easily track if daily screening forms were submitted)
* Sanction forms for all scheduled classes
3. Review Plan with an ABTA Staff Member: You can present your club’s plan to an ABTA staff member by sharing a written document and supporting resources.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to share your plan.
4. Obtain ABTA Approval to Reopen: This may be provided immediately following your review with an ABTA staff member or once any outstanding areas for improvement are addressed.
All resources directly linked to in this document are available on ABTA’s webpage (www.albertabaton.com) where they will be updated in accordance with evolving Government of Alberta guidelines.