Our pipe layers are responsible for the installation of all Sewer, Storm, and Water mainline utilities. This person will also help construct the necessary trench and/or shoring safety equipment for each project and perform daily inspections in accordance with OSHA guidelines. They will need to have good trenching communication skills with the heavy equipment operator and laborer.
• Have 1+ years of experience with heavy civil underground utilities
• Must be able to lay ADS and RCP Pipe
• Be able to use a pipe laser
• General knowledge of construction equipment
• Be team oriented and willing to be an asset to crew operations
• Be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
• Be able to work multiple sites within the Central Arkansas Area.
J.W. Heavrin, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes Affirmative Action for Veterans and individuals with Disabilities
Heavy Equipment Operator
Looking for heavy equipment operators who can operate in a safe, productive, and efficient manner. Operator needs to have a knowledge of operating Linkbelt trackhoes, CAT dozers and backhoes. The operator will be required to work around overhead and underground utilities. Will need to have good communication skills with pipe layer and laborer. Have experience loading and unloading pipe, and assembly of trench and shoring equipment with regards to OSHA standards.
• Have 3+ years of experience with heavy civil underground utilities
• Have 3+ years of experience operating a trackhoe
• Have 2+ years of experience operating a dozer/backhoe
• Have experience with setting a pipe laser
The laborer will be a part of the pipe installation crew. Their tasks will be to assist the pipe layer andoperator.
• Must be able and willing to walk, stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor including lifting items at least as heavy as 50 pounds• Must have a working knowledge of general construction equipment• Be team-oriented and willing to be an asset to crew operations• Be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen• Be able to work multiple sites within the Central Arkansas Area.J.W. Heavrin, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes Affirmative Action for Veterans andindividuals with Disabilities
Dump Truck Driver/Heavy Equipment Hauler
We are looking for someone who has a Class A CDL with a clean driving record. Must be able to worksafely, productively, and efficiently while loading, transporting, and unloading equipment and/ortransporting gravel, sand and haul-off to and from the job. At times, you might be required to help on thejob while waiting for the truck to be needed or loaded. Our drivers are required to keep their truck cleanand notify the shop immediately of any necessary repairs. No smoking in the truck or cell phone use isallowed while operating the truck.
Skills/Qualifications:• Must have clean driving record and DOT history with a valid commercial driver’s license• Must be able to operate a Mack Dump Truck, MACK Tractor Trailer Rig, Mack Water Truck (no automatic trucks)• Must have lowboy and tilt-trailer experience.• Must have experience with hauling dirt, rock, and aggregate to and from job sites.• Must have experience loading, transporting, and unloading heavy equipment.• Must have knowledge of all State and Federal DOT Rules and Regulations• Be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen• Be able to work multiple sites within the Central Arkansas Area.
J.W. Heavrin, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes Affirmative Action for Veterans andindividuals with Disabilities
Construction "Shop" Mechanic
As a shop mechanic the employee performs preventative, predictive and corrective maintenance onheavy equipment, service trucks, and facilities:• Service work (changing oil and filters)• Maintenance on hydraulic systems• Brake repairs• Hub seal replacements• A/C repair• and general maintenance• Shop organization, maintaining tools and supplies• Maintenance and organization of water test pumps, water pumps, vac pumps.
Skill/Qualifications• One-year diesel engine experience required.• Mechanical background required.• Welding experience preferred.• Must be able to lift-up to 80 lbs.• Must be able to wear proper PPE.• Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this position• Will train in paint and auto body if no experience.
Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.