Get creative in Semester 2! We're challenging our student community to shed light on an unprecedented year through memes.
You have until 11.50pm AEST on 14 September 2020 to send us an original meme on our nominated theme: Australia and the United States in 2020: Your Hot Take.
Don't know where to begin? Use this meme generator to get started!
THEME: Australia and the United States in 2020: Your Hot Take.
The following criteria will be used to judge the final entries:
Originality – the degree of uniqueness the meme has, including the use of original images or novel image editing techniques
Insight – The extent to which the meme explores information or perspectives that are not commonly known to the public
Humour – how funny/entertaining the meme is
1. You must be a student at the University of Sydney; and
2. You must be aged 18 or over.
1. Please register yourself through this form to enter the competition.
2. In the same form, please submit your memes. Your name will not be public nor shown with your posted meme. Each participant can submit up to two (2) memes, irrespective of whether a meme is approved or rejected. Following submission, participants will receive an email confirming whether their meme(s) were approved/rejected following the submission deadline.
3. Participants will receive a confirmation as to whether their meme is approved/rejected following the deadline. We will not provide feedback on rejections. If the meme is offensive or otherwise in contravention of the Student Charter (2020) of the University of Sydney, it will be rejected.
4. Memes must be original. We cannot stress this enough.
All entries must be received by 11:50 PM AEST on 14 September 2020. Any submissions received after this time will be disqualified from this competition. The United States Studies Centre does not accept responsibility for late or lost entries.
First place: Publication of the winning submission on the USSC Instagram and a Westfield gift voucher valued at $100.
Second place: Publication of the winning submission on the USSC Instagram and a Westfield gift voucher valued at $50.