Golden Hill Little League : Fall 2020 Training and Development Program (T.A.D)
As of July 30th, the California Department of Public Health has allowed a return to youth sports training, conditioning, and physical education under certain circumstances
https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/Youth-Sports-FAQ.aspx The Golden Hill Little League’s Fall 2020 T.A.D Program is able to meet these circumstances. The following is an overview of the GHLL T.A.D Program :
• Format : Distance baseball practices and conditioning drills to be held outside at Fullerton Sports Complex, Unocal, and other local fields when they become available. It should be noted that the very nature of baseball should make it easier that other youth sports to achieve near normal practice efficiency under these guidelines.
• Cost : $75 per player (GH Hat, GH T.A.D Shirt, LL Insurance, Field & Cage use)
• Schedule : 2 or 3 field practices per week (depending on division) & batting cage practice. Practices could be held on any day (coach choice), Mon thru Saturday
• Cohort/POD : each team will represent a stable cohort/pod. In the event that a player leaves team after formation deadline, a new player may NOT be added. Players per team : Rookie & A - up 10, AA - Juniors - up to 12, and Seniors - up to 16.
• Games : NO games or scrimmages of any kind against another cohort on permitted fields. This includes games or scrimmages against other cohorts in Golden Hill Little League as well as against any other Little League in our area. Should the CA Deparment of Health and City of Fullerton guidelines change on this, the T.A.D program would change with it.
• T.A.D Managers : AA – Seniors : Parent volunteer must have served as an approved GHLL coach for 2+seasons, must be background checked, and must have received GHLL COVID-19 protocol training as a “Over the Line” parent facilitator or through GHLL directly. Rookie & A will be approved on a case by case basis and will require COVID-19 protocol training. All managers must submit their practice structure, for Board approval, detailing social distancing and COVID protocol to be implemented.
• Coaches : Maximum suggested number of coaches, including manager, on the field with players at one time is three (3). Each coach should focus on smaller pods within the team of 3-4 players for duration of practice.
• Players : Rookie through Seniors will only be eligible for T.A.D program. Your division is whichever you were drafted into/eligible for in the Spring of 2020. Players must register with GHLLto obtain insurance, complete medical waiver, and sign acknowledgement of risk forms.
*note : we are working with Little League & District 56 on the hopes of launching a T-Ball T.A.D in the near future.
• Parent Spectators : Parents/Guardians will be encouraged to “drop off and pick up” as to avoid crowding. For those who remain, GHLL asks that you don't use bleacher as to encourage social distancing in other areas of the park.
• COVID-19 Education : GHLL will continue to provide volunteers and parents (registration, website, social media) with educational materials relating to COVID-19 including, but not limited to, good hygiene practices, symptom signs, and exposure reporting.
• Closures : Any team who has a coach or player test positive for COVID-19 or is in direct contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 will be shut down for the CDC’s suggested quarantine period at the time of occurrence. All team participants will be notified.
• PPE : All players and coaches are encouraged to wear face coverings. GHLL will make available PPE products to all teams which may include, but at not limited to : face masks (adult & child size), hand sanitizer, equipment & surface disinfectant, no-touch thermometers, and gloves.