WE ARE NOT CONTRACTED WITH ANY VISION INSURANCES
How did you hear about our practice?
Please mark all that apply and give names where appropriate
Please list all medications including vitamins, supplements and eye drops
If you need more space, please upload medication list. You will have an option to upload any necessary documents at the end of the forms.
Please check all that apply and give dates where appropriate
Please list all surgeries and dates
Please check all that apply
I declare that the above answers and statements are true and correct to the best of my knowledge.
Protecting the privacy and confidentiality of your health information is something we take very seriously. Everyone, from the physician to our staff, understands how important it is to protect your information.
Recently a federal law went into effect known as “HIPAA.” Among other things, HIPAA has strict requirements for protecting patient health information. This practice has made special efforts to comply both with this federal law as well as existing state patient confidentiality laws.
We would like you to understand that your medical information can only be released to you or a designated personal representative (a person with authority under State law to make health care decisions for the individual) through initiating an Access Request. If asking to have information sent to a third party, you need to use a Patient Authorization Form.
As part of our commitment to your privacy, we can provide you with a copy of “Notice of Privacy Practices.” This outlines how we will use or disclose your “protected health information.” If you would like a copy, just let our front desk know. If you have any questions about how we handle your information please feel free to talk to our privacy officer, Savannah Weaver.
By signing below, you acknowledge of receipt of the Notice.
INSURANCE CO-PAYMENTS ARE DUE AT TIME OF SERVICE
If you are insured by an insurance company that requires a referral from your primary physician, it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to provide us with the initial referral at the time of your visit or your appointment may have to be rescheduled. Please present all insurance cards upon check-in for EVERY appointment. Patients who do not have their insurance card(s) may be asked to reschedule their appointment.
I, the undersigned, assign directly to Sacramento Eye Consultants, all surgical and/or medical benefits, if any, otherwise payable to me for services rendered. I understand that I am financially responsible for all charges whether or not they are paid by my insurance and it is my responsibility to pay any deductible amount, co-insurance or any other balance not paid for by my insurance . I hereby authorize the doctors to release all information necessary to secure the payment of benefits.
I request that payment of authorized Medicare benefits be made to Grutzmacher & Lewis, a Medical Corporation, for any services furnished me by those physicians. I authorize any holder of medical information about me to release to the Health Care Financing Administration and its agents any information needed to determine these benefits or the benefits payable to related services.
I understand my signature requests that payment be made and authorizes release of medical information necessary to pay the claim. If other health insurance is indicated in item 9 of the HCFA 1500 form or elsewhere on other approved claim forms or electronically submitted claims, my signature authorizes releasing of the information to the insurer or agency shown.
In Medicare assigned cases, the physician agrees to accept the charge determination of the Medicare carrier as the full charge, and the patient is responsible only for the deductible, co-insurance and non-covered services, such as a refraction. Co-insurance and the deductible are based upon the charge determination of the Medicare carrier.
Many of our patients allow family members such as their spouse, parents or others to call and request medical or billing information. Under the requirements of HIPAA we are not allowed to give this information to anyone without patient consent. If you wish to have your medical information shared you must sign this form and name the members that are allowed to receive this information.
By signing this, I understand that:
Dilating drops are used to dilate or enlarge the pupils of the eye to allow the ophthalmologist to obtain a better view of the inside of your eye to check for signs of damage, systemic diseases and physical changes. Please note, there is no additional charge for having your eyes dilated.
It is highly recommended to have your eyes dilated if you are new to our office, having a surgical consultation, have not been dilated in over 2 years, or have the following risk factors:
Please be advised that dilating drops frequently blur vision for a length of time which varies from person to person and may make bright lights bothersome and reading things up close difficult. It is not possible for your ophthalmologist to predict how much your vision will be affected. Most people will be able to drive once their eyes are dilated. However, if you feel uncomfortable driving, or have never driven with your eyes dilated, it may be best to have a driver.
Adverse reaction, such as acute angle-closure glaucoma, may be triggered from the dilating drops. This is extremely rare and treatable with immediate medical attention.
Welcome to Sacramento Eye Consultants! We are dedicated to provide exceptional care and value our relationship with you. We feel a clear understanding of our office policies is important for the success of our professional relationship. Please take a moment to read our office policies. If you have any questions, please ask one of our staff members.
1. We ask that you check in 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.Your appointment may be rescheduled if you arrive less than 15 minutes prior to your without all items necessary for your appointment. To reduce clinic delays, anyone arriving 15 or more minutes past their scheduled appointment time will be rescheduled.
2. You must present a current active insurance card at the time of EVERY visit. If you do not have your insurance card, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment. If your insur ance lapses or you do not have active coverage, you are responsible for all charges incurred while you are without coverage. Therefore, it is important to keep our office updated on any insurance changes.
3. All payments including co-pays, overdue balances, and private pay obligations are due at the time of your visit upon check-in. Accepted forms of payment include all major credit cards, checks, and Care Credit. If payment cannot be provided at the time of check-in, your appointment may be rescheduled.
4. It is the patient’s responsibility to be aware of their individual insurance plan and benefits prior to their visits or surgery. This includes referrals, co-pays, deductibles, and co-insurance. If a prior authorization is required to be seen at our office and it is not received prior to the appointment, the appointment will be canceled until it is received.
5. Your appointments are very important to Sacramento Eye Consultants. Your appointment is time with your physician reserved specifically for you. We understand that sometimes schedule adjustments are necessary. When a patient cancels without giving enough notice, they prevent another patient from being seen. If you would like to cancel or change your appointment, please call us at (916) 649-1515 at least 24 hours prior to your appointment. After two (2) missed appointments for new patients or three (3) missed appointments for established patients, the patient will be released of care from Sacramento Eye Consultants.
6. To obtain medical records, a release form must be signed by the patient/guardian. There is a $15 processing fee. Please allow up to 30 business days for turnover.
7. You must bring in any form you need our office to fill out on your behalf, including disability and DMV forms. Please allow up to 7 business days for processing.
By signing this form, I acknowledge that I understand Sacramento Eye Consultants Patient Policies.
Telemedicine involves the use of electronic communications (telephone, computer, etc.) to enable health care providers (doctors, nurses, physician assistants, and others) at a different location from the patient to share medical information with that patient for the purpose of improving access to patient care. The information may be used for diagnosis, therapy, follow-up and/or education, and may include any of the following:
The electronic systems used will attempt to incorporate security protocols to protect the confidentiality of patient identification and imaging data and will include measures to safeguard the data and to ensure its integrity against corruption.
As with any medical procedure, there are risks associated with the use of telemedicine. These risks include, but may not be limited to:
Patient’s Acceptance Of Risks
By signing this form, I understand that:
The laws that protect privacy and the confidentiality of medical information also apply to telemedicine, and that no information obtained in the use of telemedicine will be disclosed to researchers or other entities without my consent.
I have the right to withhold or withdraw my consent to the use of telemedicine in the course of my care at any time, without affecting my right to future care or treatment.
I have the right to inspect all information obtained and recorded in the course of a telemedicine interaction and may receive copies of this information for a reasonable fee.
Telemedicine may involve electronic communication of my personal medical information to other medical practitioners located elsewhere, including out of state.
I understand that no results from the use of telemedicine can be guaranteed or assured.
By signing below, you consent (agree) that:
I hereby authorize Sacramento Eye Consultants to use telemedicine in the course of my diagnosis and treatment.