1. I understand that my membership in the Barry Community Foundation Youth Advisory Council (YAC) is not only an honor but also a responsibility. As a member, I will work toward achieving these goals:
Identify problems teenagers are facing.
Suggest solutions to these problems and work toward solving these problems.
Provide information about the Youth Advisory Council in my school, church, and other organizations in which I am involved.
Impact the adult community by showing that teens can be the source of solutions.
Increase awareness of youth issues in the community.
Gain leadership experience.
Gain friendships and contacts from other area schools.
2. I will be respectful, inclusive, and kind.
3. I will attend and participate in meetings, give my best effort in working on YAC projects, serve on selected committees, and be a spokesperson for the YAC and its efforts to get young people involved in meaningful community service projects.
4. I will treat grant discussions as confidential and agree that it is the responsibility of the Barry Community Foundation staff to notify grant applicants of our decisions.
5. I realize that it is my responsibility to represent youth of Barry County in a positive manner. Should I fail to do this, by incurring disciplinary action in some form (e.g., by law enforcement or school officials), my commitment to YAC may be reevaluated.