Workshop: Sexual and Gender Diversity
Date: 12 September
Location: Knotts Crossing Resort - function room
Duration: 2 to 2.5 hours
There are limited spaces for this session; please register your interest by filling out the details below.
This training supports individuals, workplaces and community groups on how to be Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex (LGBTI) inclusive.
About: LGBTI people have long faced discrimination and stigma at many levels of society, including access to appropriate healthcare services that do not cater adequately to their needs or recognise their identities.
By the end of the session, participants will have a greater understanding of the nuances of identity which will enhance their abilities in interacting with LGBTI people.
What we cover:
- Defining LGBTI communities and understanding identity
- Issues and barriers facing people with diverse genders and sexualities
- Your role in supporting and accepting the experiences of LGBTI people
- Fostering partnerships and providing appropriate referral services
- Developing an understanding of various guidelines surrounding sexually and gender diverse individuals
Audience: Anyone with an interest in understanding how you can best support members of the LGBTI communities
What to bring: Just bring yourself. We'll bring the rest. Tea and coffee provided.
Want more information about this session, contact email@example.com or 08 8944 7777.